Emmeline

It had already been a month after we had came back from the future. In that month Eveline and I had sealed the tunnel to the future (which we called the 'FutureTaker') shut forever. We decided it was the best choice. We had also became famous, and also earned the Nobel Prize (which we spent on building houses for the people of the past). We also visited Captain Worley and the others often in their new homes.

          "Hey Emmeline, Eveline, I've made some cookies!" My mother called from the kitchen. I smiled. 

          "Is it mint-chocolate chip cookies?" I asked excitedly. When I went into the kitchen, I saw that Eveline was already there, and there were mint-chocolate chip cookies and double-chocolate cookies, Eveline's favorite type.

          "Yes!" I answered myself happily. Mother was smiling, wearing the necklace and bracelet that we had got for her, while mentioning Father (who also wore the watch we got him) to eat a pie she baked.

          "Yum! You should try the cookies and pies altogether!" Eveline said, holding up a double-chocolate, mint-chocolate chip, and pie sandwich, taking another bite.

          "Yum!" She declared. Galaxy jumped onto my chair and nuzzled me as I sat down and took a delicious mint-chocolate chip cookie.

          "Eveline, darling, don't do that." Mother said, but still Eveline shoved the rest of the sandwich in her mouth. Soon, the phone rang. Grabbing the last mint-chocolate chip cookie, I answered it.

          "Yes, Emmeline Wang speaking." I said. A worried voice answered me.

          "It's me, Andrew. Emmeline, I have to talk to you. I'm outside, quick!" Andrew cried. I set the phone down and rushed to the door, a confused Eveline following me. I swung the front door open.

          "Please, guys, I have no time to lose!" Andrew panted. 

                    ~~~~~~~~~*~*~*~~~~~~~~

          Soon, Andrew was sitting on a couch, facing us, who was sitting at the other couch. There were tea and biscuits on the table, but nobody touched them as we listened to his story.

          "So Madeline and Katherine were just scanning the Bermuda Triangle," He started. We leaned in close. 

          "And they saw a giant whirlpool, bigger than any ever recorded, moving into the Bermuda Triangle. They think that it is Charybdis. Emmeline, I believe you know who that is." He finished. I nodded. Charybdis was the whirlpool in Greek mythology who sucked sailors in, and ate them.   

         "What?" Eveline asked. I sighed. Eveline was never really into Greek mythology, unlike Katherine, Madeline and me. So she didn't know all of this stuff. But Andrew knew that I was really into Greek mythology, so he assumed that I knew her. 

          "Charybdis is a gigantic whirlpool from Greek mythology and lives in the Mediterranean Sea, and she sucks people in, and eats them. Her neighbor is Scylla, who has six heads, and if you swerve to avoid Charybdis, who have to sacrifice your men to Scylla, one for each head. Six people in all." I took a deep breath.

          "But then how did she get all the way here to the Bermuda Triangle from the Mediterranean Sea?" Eveline pressed. I sigh. Eveline sometimes have so much questions, some of them I don't even have the answer to.

          "Well, I don't know. The Greek myths never explained if she could move, and I'm not entirely sure that that's her, but we have a lot of evidence. First, a whirlpool can't move, especially a normal one. Second, Charybdis is a monster. She must be the ones causing the storms and FutureTaker in the Bermuda Triangle." I answered uncertainly.

          "Finally I've stumped you!" Eveline says. We laugh, but Andrew's face turns serious again immediately. 

         "I think that we all think that Charybdis is the whirlpool, So ---" Andrew hesitates. "I have a big mission for you. Can you lead our forces to battle her? I mean, I forgot to tell you this, but Helena checked again yesterday, and the whirlpool didn't disappear. It stayed in the same exact spot. So it's definitely her." 

          "Have you seen other monsters appear?" I ask. Andrew stared at me. 

          "Well, Caroline reported that she saw some surrounding the whirlpool, so yes?" He answers nervously, fiddling with the bottom of his T-shirt. There is a long pause from everyone. 

          "Alright, let's go." I say finally, standing up. Andrew looks astonished. 

          "You'll go?" He asks. I glance at Eveline, who nods.

          "We'll both go." I said. Andrew hugs us both gratefully. 

          "Thank you. Everyone is going, then." He smiles. 

          "What are we waiting for, guys?" Eveline asks, sprinting toward the door. "Let's go!