Eveline

When we had Plane #315 landed, and climbed down the stairs, we were hugged tightly by Mother.

          "Your father and I came as soon as we heard about you guys going back to the Bermuda Triangle for a fight, we wanted to fight with you guys, too. Except that you were already gone when we got there. Thank the gods that you're still alive." Mother said.

          "We're all fine, Mother." I said. Katherine, Madeline, Audrey, and Caroline came with their parents, who were all clutching their children's hands. 

          "It's good to finally see you, Mr. and Mrs. Wang." Katherine and Audrey's parents said. Then, the parents got into their normal talk. Caroline winked at us.

          "You all want a ride home? Cause I've got a car." 

                    ~~~~~~~*~*~*~~~~~~~

          Thirty-five years later.

          I sat knitting with a cat in my lap, who was purring. She looked a lot like Galaxy, but she wasn't. Galaxy had died five years ago, and we had grieved for her. But her children, MilkyWay (who was mine), Peppermint (who was Emmeline's), Cookie (who was Emmeline's) and Star (who was mine) became our pets. 

          "Eveline, get off your rocking chair already, won't you?" Emmeline asked, entering with a new bag of yarn, which I took. I sighed.

          "I'm fifty-two, alright, sis? You're only fifty. I just want to sit and knit." I replied. Emmeline sighed, sitting on the couch across from me.

          "I know. Plus Evelina and her husband are having a baby soon. I want you to see her." Emmeline said. I heaved myself out of the rocking chair, only to startle Star, and sitting back down again. 

          "I can't, sis. I ---" Suddenly, my voice stopped working. I laid my head down on the rocking chair, breathing heavily.

          "Eveline?" Emmeline's voice became very scared. "Are you okay?" I couldn't reply, and soon darkness swallowed me, just like when Emmeline and I had journeyed through the future.

          Then, everything was gone.