Emmeline

So. Just my luck. We were flying into the Bermuda Triangle again. Yay. I kept my eyes on the planes ahead of me. I saw that they were the Moonstone Crew and in the very front, the first in line following the Captains' plane, was the Opal Crew. Behind us should be the Quartz Crew, and behind the Quartz Crew should be the Platinum Crew. Very confusing, but okay.

          "Uh, Emmeline?" Eveline's words shattered my thoughts. I kept looking ahead.

          "Yes?" I replied. Eveline was silent for a while.

          "Do you think we're ready?" She asked. A voice piped up from the back. 

          "Eveline, don't say those things! We are ready, and we all know it." It was Katherine who said that. I could hear all of my others friends murmuring in agreement.

          "Fine." Eveline sighs. I return to quietly staring at the plane ahead of me, until an announcement came over the radio.

          "We have arrived in the Bermuda Triangle. Please remain calm. Thank you. End." Andrews voice said. I took a big deep breath. Here we go. The Bermuda Triangle, we're here. Then, Andrew spoke again. 

          "You may break from the line. But stay with your Crew Planes. Follow the front. Thank you. End." I could tell that from his shaky voice, Andrew was also apparently scared. I took another deep breath. 

          Swerving around the other formations, I came to where I had last seen the storm. Today was a bright sunny day, so I didn't have to worry about another storm.

          "Keep watch of the two other planes, will you guys?" I asked the back. 

          "Of course." They answered. I could hear them walking to the very back. But I still kept my eyes on where I was flying to. 

          Then, I saw her. Charybdis. The whirlpool monster. Yes, Charybdis is a girl. Don't say I'm wrong. I read a lot of Greek mythology books. Anyway, I saw an army of little dots surrounding her. I flew closer. They were sea monsters. 

          Suddenly, and explosion came out of nowhere. A bomb exploded on the sea monsters, and some of them disappeared. A plane from the Quartz Crew had dropped a bomb on them, directly. 

          "Caroline, can you load the cannon with cannonballs?" Eveline asked. 

          "Okay!" Caroline's voice called back. I swerved around other bombs, trying to get as far away from sea as I could. But the sea monsters didn't just hang around getting bombed, they sent up their own reinforcements.

          Waterspouts and other tinier whirlpools appeared, and spun in the direction of all the planes. We scattered as they hit the spot we've just been. I heard a cry of laughter as a waterspout sucked in a plane. 

          "Oh no, you don't laugh yet, missy! We'll bomb you in your whirlpool face!" I screamed. My thoughts returned to the trouble that Charybdis had caused me. I flew on top of her. 

          "Hold on, guys!" I shouted as I hit the button RELEASE. A bunch of our cannons fired into the whirlpool. I heard Charybdis shriek with agony as she was struck. Her armies scattered, but they didn't give up.

          "KETO!!!" Charybdis's voice screeched. It took me a couple of minutes to remember who she was again. Keto was the goddess of all sea monsters, plus being the mother of all of them. Poor Keto. But now I didn't care. As soon as Keto surfaced on the water, I sent bombs crashing down. 

          Keto screamed in fury and agony. I quickly flew away as a waterspout turned in my direction. Good thing my mom wasn't here. I'll bet that she would be screaming and telling me to go back.