Part 13

At last...

Y/n's pov

Y/n's pov

"We made it."

"We did." I smile as Bucky wraps his right arm around me. Looking at the sunset, here in Wakanda, seems like a religious experience. There's the sun and the fields, the people and the animals living in harmony. We're here, at last. T'Challa gave us a room and Bucky needs to leave in an hour from now.

"Is she sure about this ? The Princess ?" I ask again, stroking Alpine's head to distract myself from his close departure.

"She's positive that she can...heal me, sort of. The words won't work anymore."

I nod as I let myself get lost in the music played by the high-tech radio that's in the corner of the room. T'Challa must really think Bucky and I are both old as the world, because the only songs that seem to be available are ballads and slows from the fifties, sixties at best.

"How long will it take ?"

"I don't...I don't know." He sighs. "I have to do this, you know."

"Yes, I just... I just wonder how long I'll have to wait to see you again."

I get up and walk to the centre of the room, trying to look busy to stop my tears from falling down my face. It doesn't work. Bucky stands up quickly and takes my hand.

"Please, look at me." I shake my head. "Y/n, please..."

I turn around and it's like the universe wants to fuck with my feelings when the radio starts playing one of the most beautiful songs in the world.

At last my love has come along...

I tilt my head up and stare at him straight in the eyes. Damn, I could drown in those blue eyes. Bucky puts his arm on my waist and pulls me closer to him. Even whit one arm, he totally makes me swoon.

My lonely days are over and life is like a song...

Bucky gives me a warm smile. For once, it's not a sad smile. He leans in and kisses me softly. It's more gentle than what we're used to but it's just as nice. When he breaks from the kiss, he kisses my nose and then the spots where tears stained my cheeks.

At last the skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
the night I looked at you...

"It's not gonna be too long," he whispers. "And if it is..."

"I'll wait. I'll always wait for you."

I rest my head on his chest as we swing slowly around the room. I close my eyes and let Bucky guide me through the song. For a moment, I can almost imagine how it would feel if we had never been broken the way we were. But then, we would have never found each other.

I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own...

I can feel Bucky's heart beating under my head and oddly enough, this heartbeat seems to be the only one that's keeping me alive. It has been for years. God, I love this man so much. Everything we've been through, every time we suffered, every time we fought together or not has led to this. And I wouldn't change a thing.

I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill I've never known...

I know the song is coming to and end and I don't want that to happen. I want us to stay this way forever and so I cry some more, sobbing against Bucky's chest. I try to keep my sobs as silent as possible but my shaking shoulders betray me.

"Hey," he whispers, "think about what we'll do after that..."

"I don't wanna lose you again."

"You won't. We'll be together, y/n, forever."

I pull away so I can look at him.

"Promise ?"

He smiles to me. Damn, that smile. I can feel a strange warmth in my stomach, like a pain that hurts too good. The things this man makes me feel... It's insane. When H.Y.D.R.A. took me, I thought I would never get to experience such a strong feeling. I played the role of skilled assassin for years, decades even. I thought it would've consumed me. But then again, Bucky was there.

You smiled, you smiled, oh and then the spell was cast...

"I promise." He presses his lips against mine and I kiss him with all I have. I want to get lost into him and never come back to reality. All I need is him to make me whole. And now I know this will last. We'll live here in Wakanda, maybe do some farming and maybe have that life we never had the opportunity to enjoy. Maybe...no.There are no maybe's anymore. We will be happy. I know we will. Because he's mine and I'm his, because nothing can stop us now that we're safe, here and together. We're not the Winter Soldier and the Ruby Raven anymore. We're Bucky and y/n, and we're together, at last.

And here we are in heaven
For you are mine...at last.