Chance Encounter

This story won't start where you expect, it doesn't start with the words of a daughter. It doesn't start with the lies of a politician or even the thoughts of a billionaire. It doesn't start anywhere we know. It doesn't start at the end of the previous, no, it starts here. It starts with why there was even a shootout in the first place.

You probably know who throws bat-shaped throwing stars, so you probably know who else was in that warehouse. But just to confirm, Batman had been tracking a shipment of explosives, for around a week now, that was ordered by someone connected to one Harley Quinn.

So, Batman went to the warehouse the night the shipment arrived, the night Robbie Reyes got wounded and turned up on Kyra's doorstep, well, her adoptive (but not-adoptive because he can't legally adopt her) father, Charles Xavier's doorstep and teleported her and her older brother Harley Keener Stark to this other universe accidentally. Is Robbie there with them? Well, maybe but maybe not.

Anyway, you aren't here to know why Batman, The Joker and Harley Quinn are duking it out inside a warehouse with a shipment of explosives, no you're here for Harley and Kyra, and we'll get right back to that now.

"You're not from around here are ya' suga'?" Kyra hears behind her; she hadn't realized she spoke aloud until then.

She turns to see two, similarly pale people, one with dyed Green hair and the other with blue and pink tipped pigtails, or as we know them, The Joker and Harley Quinn. "No... why? Is this," she holds up the object in question, "a regular occurrence?" She asks the two, genuinely curious, and wondering what it's called.

"Puddin' can we keep 'er?" The one with pigtails asks just as Kyra runs off down the same corridor she came out of, the two closely behind her.

"Harley!" Kyra yells before running up the stairs, she really should start accepting Hank's offer for track training since, when she reaches the top, she's out of breath. She looks for her brother who seemed to disappear into thin-air.

She collapses to the floor; she'd dreamed of a moment like this. One of her recurring nightmares was her family disappearing. She's got nowhere to go, she doesn't know if Robbie is alive, she has no clue where her brother is and she has no clue where she is.

"Suga'? Whatcha lost?" Harley Quinn asks, carefully putting her hand onto one of Kyra shoulders.

"I came here with my brother, Harley, he, I left him up here. I told him to wait." Kyra breathes out, barely able to talk, tears brimming in her eyes.

"Harley Quinn, nice to meet ya', that's Mister J', we're gonna look after ya'." Kyra looks up, blinking away the tears, and gives a small smile.

'Where's Charles when you need him?' She thinks, her anxiety levels through the roof after one of her nightmares came true. Harley and this Mister J seem to be helping though, they walk her out to their car, purple Lamborghini, she smiles again, her Dad had bought her a purple Lamborghini for her 16th birthday after she got her drivers' license.

While Tony was jealous that he couldn't teach his eldest biological daughter how to drive, he wanted to give her a gift to remember, and they didn't have the right shade of blue for what she wanted so he had to buy her a purple one.

The three drive off, Kyra not knowing the troubles that were coming her way.