See You Soon

Note: The normal font is what actually is happening, the bold one is the speech itself, and the italicized is flashback. Sorry it's so hassle to format it if wattpad could just allow us to adjust the margin haha

-----

Bea

I am not good at public speaking. Through the years of interviews and talks I've done I still can't find the comfort in speaking in front of hundreds of people. I look at the people in front of me while avoiding making eye contact with any of them. I haven't seen these people in a long time and it's driving me crazy talking in front of them right now. I looked down on my feet, took a deep breath and smiled. You'll be fine Bea I said to myself and started talking.

Thirdy and I became good friends when we were in college. Being a student-athlete in the same university has brought us closer because even if we knew each other since high school we didn't hang out much for we have different interests. He tried courting me during those times, but I only knew him as a basketball player and Van's best friend, so I turned him down. He took it nicely and ironically after that I started liking him as a person. I discovered how funny or kolokoy -as per what he used to say- he is. He didn't care about how embarrassing he would appear if he did dumb stuff to lighten up the atmosphere or just to make people laugh. Like how he always say with so much conviction that I look like an artista and that I could pass as Ryan Reynold's wife whenever I feel like shit. Every time that I spent with him no fail that there is always something that he said that made me laugh so hard and playfully call him 'gago'.

College years are the best years of my life and he played a major part in it. In the course of my 5-year stay in ateneo, a lot of people have come and go but he was always there. Even if we weren't talking I was certain that he's looking out for me. Many people knew me as a competitive student I like studying for my quizzes and listening to class but it is hard to do that while being a volleyball player and yet I was able to manage, and it wouldn't be bearable without him.

It's the first week of classes in Ateneo 1st Sem AY 2017-2018, my last year as an undergrad and it has been the worst. I have morning training that usually ends at 9 then followed by 9:30 class until 12:30 then a 1-2:30 pm class then I have training at 3 for beach volleyball. I would just really want to melt right now because im tired as hell.

I groaned in frustration as I hurriedly fixed my stuff since my physics class just ended. I bid goodbye to my friends then went out of the room. There, standing at the hallway is Thirdy smiling at me while handing me my car keys. He parked my car for me since I was running late for my class earlier, he volunteered kasi he knew how hard to find a parking spot in the university.

"Oh akala ko free cut kayo haha almost 12:30 na ah" He said we are brisk walking outside the building now heading to my next class.

"akala ko din frick naglecture agad sya and we even had a quiz!! During our first meeting??? WHO does that??? huhu and I was bagsak! Now I don't have time to eat and do something for my next class im gonna be dead sa prof ko" I rant to him as I stomp my feet.

He handed me a paper bag while smiling. I looked at him asking him what is it he shook his head and said "Just check it"

"Oh my god is this yaya Nors' meatballs spaghetti??"

"Yup, pinadala ni mama kay manong kanina I asked a Tupperware for you"

I squealed, nudged him, and said "You are my hero oh my god thank you for this. I'll eat this in class"

I checked the time and it's already quarter to one I really don't have time for an ID picture printing that I needed for my next class. Then I suddenly remembered something.