Chapter 23

Chapter 23#

Brooke's {POV}

"Name?"

"Brooke Mitchell," I said embarrassed.

"Age?"

"16," I squeaked.

"Any injuries before?"

"Uhh.. ye-yeah," I stuttered.

" Miss Mitchell it says youve never been brought to the police's station before, am i right?" she said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Yes you are,"

"Well, since its your first time, we'll let you of with a warning and let me tell you,next time, there won't be no warnings, this will be reported in your criminal records.," she said, "be thoughtful next time you try to sneak into a private property."

I turned to look at Austin, and I see his face emotionless. I began to doubt that he's been here before...

But then again, he's the town bad boy, I expected anything from the guy next to me, absolutely anything.

"Mr. Mahone," the lady turned to look at Austin, "I would say it's a pleasure to see you again but I'm afraid it's not,"

"Right back at you," he said leaning into the counter, elbows holding him still, "how are you Susan."

"That doesn't concern you, Mr.Mahone,"

"Please," he said, "call me Austin,"

"Well then, Austin, next time I see you here, you'll be kept overnight, you've gotten away with a lot of warnings but not anymore."

"Can't get enough of me, I see," he said winking

I scoffed.

He turned to look at me with a hint of amusement in his eyes, he kept his firm gaze on me and I did the same on him.

I don't know how long this little stare battle lasted but we both broke away when, Miss Police Lady here cleared her throat.

"I might suggest you watch your mouth Austin," Miss police lady said.

"If only I could, he said sarcastically.

She looked up from her typing and raised a perfect brow at Austin.

I tried raising my brow but I needed up looking like someone's pulling the life out of me.

I sighed thinking that doing such thing is pointless. I turned to look at Austin and I see him clutching his stomach for dear life, and he tripped over laughing at my failed attempt.

I stuck my tongue at him and turned away pouting.

After what seemed like forever, he got up and wiped the fake tears in his checks.

"Now aren't you something, Love," he said grabbing my arm and forced my into his chest to an awkward hug.

He kept his arms around me and rocked me from side to side, whereas my arms were crossed on my chest.

I felt his chest vibrate so I looked up to his face seeing that he struggled holding a fit of laughter in himself. My cheeks flamed from embarrassment as I pulled away and elbowed his stomach as hard as I could to make him stop.

Unfortunately, that sent him into crouching with a loud annoying noise of his laughter echoing in the empty halls, since it was 3:45 am.

I rolled my eyes, and thought about what happened today the ended us here.

**Flashback || Twelve hours ago**

"What are you doing here, Alice?" I asked.

"Can't say I missed you too," she spit out.

Silence.

I took this moment to an advantage to look at what she's become. She wore a black leather jacket and a tank top underneath, a skin tight black leggings with black ankle boots.

Basically she was the Devil in Black.

"What do you want?" I began annoyed.

I spotted Austin walking towards me clueless, as I tried to get him to stop and follow her actions.

He finally got what I was implying, and joined a group into a 'fake' conversation. His movements kept getting closer towards Alice, as he tried to hear what she's saying. While Alice was completely oblivious to it.

"I came here to say one thing and one thing only, if you think I'm here to apologize, your so damn wrong. The first mistake was moving into town, and you kept making more and more mistakes I couldn't handle, so I went away, you shouldn't play with what's not yours Brooke cause trust me one day I'll get you and I'll get you good, don't you know who your parents are? I'm saying this one more time, you aren't getting away with what you've done, just keep in mind that I'm watching every little move you make, every breath you take," she said sternly.

I looked at her, taking in her words. There was the one thing that kept me torn, I didn't care about what she was going to do to me.

'Don't you know who your parents are.'

My parents?

Who they were ?

What?

They're still alive?

____________________

There you go guys :D

Chapter twenty three :3

A bit of a plot twist there ^

I hope you enjoyed it let me know what you think about it in the comments :3

In the upcoming chapter I'll clarify how they ended up arrested.

Please don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE AGAIN :3

- Rayan ღ