Chapter 1

1 September 1944

Edelyn De Lune's vision filled with a red train and lots of people passing by. She heard kids saying goodbye to their family, she saw friends running after each other and giving a hug after a long time of probably having no encounter during the summer holiday, and she wish summer haven't ended just yet.

Edelyn feels a light tap on her shoulder "Are you sure about this? You can go home school if you want to, Hogwarts might not be safe like what people said." She turned around to see her brother biting his bottom lip. He sounds nervous almost like begging her not to go. Edelyn know how to read people minds based on how they move, how they talk, and how they move. "Nik, it's alright, you need to relax. Even if it's not safe like we thought it is, you know that i can protect myself." Edelyn said with a proud smile on her face, hiding the nervous feeling that starts to surround her.

She learned how to hide her feelings since she knows that it is the right thing to do. Her mother used to tell her to never let anyone know about how she feels, They can use it against her. And so she thought by hiding her feelings is the same thing as protecting her. Feelings is one of the most dangerous thing to show.

She's fidgeting the hem of her shirt when she saw his worried expression. Nikolai graduated from school this year, while Edelyn have 2 years left of school. They used to attend durmstrang together, but due to the lack of security in Norway that is caused by the raging war, her father decided to move his family back to London. Unfortunately the minister was killed by one of Grindelwald's follower. Edelyn's father was offered to replace him, seen from the quite important position that he had in the Norway ministry before and how he did his job brilliantly.

The whistling sound from the train interupt them who lost in their own thoughts. "Nik, i have to go." She muttered softly, almost like a whisper. She can see that his eyes started to filled with tears and his lips starts to quiver. He is holding his tears. She can't help but hug him so tightly, as if her life is depended on it.

Nikolai and Edelyn have always been close. They did everything together, doing everything for the first time together, learn new things together, explore places together, and when Nikolai left for his first year she can't help but cry a lot. He promised her that once it is her time to come to school he will acompany her to explore Durmstrang, and he did.

She still remember it well, the feelings when she first saw the castle. It is magnificent in a dark way. The dark walls with the statues, the high ceilings, the cold air, the dimmed lights even in the morning. The chilling darkness she feels when she step her foot on the castle gives her goosebumps and it satisfy her. She knew that Hogwarts is nothing like that, she's not afraid that she will not get used to it, but she just afraid that she will miss durmstrang.

They release the hug after a few seconds. A hug that they will miss and crave a lot later. "Don't forget to send a letter every week. I mean it, i'll send a letter to Dumbledore to ask how are you doing if you don't. Tell me if you need anything. I'll give it yo you right away. Take care of yourself, don't break the rules, don't forget to make a lot of fri-" his sentence was cut off by another one when he is not finished yet. "Yes Nik, it is alright i can take care of myself, i promise you. i'm not the little me anymore, i'm older now." She smiled at her older brother, he is always been like this to her. Spoiling her and being overprotective. She can't tell wether she like it or not. It makes her happy thinking about how much he care about her but annoy her at the same time.

Nikolai stared and smiled at her fondly, realising that she is indeed older now. "Well, i guess good bye then." he smiled back at her trying not to stutter and holding back her tears. "I'll see you on christmas?" "Okay." They hug each other for the last time and keep this last one a little bit longer "I love you old man." He chuckled on her last words "I love you too lyn."