Chapter 2

When the train finally arived in its destination, Edelyn exited from the train with Tom, who got told to do so by professor Slughorn, Knowing that she probably don't know how to get to the castle.

And so here she is, infront of a carriage with Tom. It's an ordinary carriage, but the creature that is pulling it is extraordinary. More specifically, it's a thestrals. Edelyn read about them in books that she got from the small library in her house, but it's the first time that she saw the miraculous creatures with her on eyes.

She approached the creatures with curiosity, while Tom who was going to step into the carriage realized that she is not going to do the same thing as he do. "What are you doing?" No answer from her. She's too mesmerized by the magical creatures that she forget about everything that surrounds her.

Hesitatingly, she raised her hands, trying to reach out and stroke the thestral. The creature flinched away at her movement. But it finally let Edelyn's hands to stroke its spine. She chuckled when she knows that the thestral finally warms up tp her.

"Edelyn" know it's her time to flinch, Tom startled her, She forgot that she's not alone all this time. "We have to go." He looks at her with a boring look on his face. "Yes, i'm sorry."

"You can see the thestrals?" He questioned her when she finally sit on the carriage. It's a rhetoric sentence, he knows it, he just wanted to hear the answer from her. But unfortunately, before she could do so, another voice interrupted her.

"Well, well, well, look who's here. Tom Riddle and-" he turns quite at the sight of Edelyn. "Edelyn?" Another boy with a striking platinum blonde hair recognized her. "Abraxas!" She have no doubts to hug the boy, it feels good for her to meet another old friends. "I missed you!" Said the girl. "Right here sissy, give me a hug too." She lets out a light laugh and hug Orion too. He changed quite a lot, he's a lot taller now and he grows his hair into a shoulder length.

"Enough with the sweet little reunion, get inside the carriage, we can't be late." Said Tom with his eyes in a book that he is currently holding. They obeyed him, because he is right and they will definitely get troubles if they late at coming to the sorting ceremony, even though all of them are already sorted.

The carriage finally moved, as it was pulled by the thestrals. Orion is the first one to break the silence. "How is Nik?" The question is pointed to Edelyn. "He's good. He already got a job at the ministry now." "And your dad?" Now it's Abraxas who asked her. "Still the same." Edelyn answered, trying to make it sound like it's okay while her eyes are looking at her lap, trying to hide the sad look on her face.

Since her mother's death, his father has changed. It's almost like he's a whole new person. Not the loving father that she used to know. She knows that he still do, but it's different know. He's harder on her and seem distant. He rejects to share about how he feels with Edelyn and her sibling. As long as her father is still willing to talk to her, it's fine for Edelyn. She don't want him to forced himself to act like he is alright, because honestly, she's not alright too. And that's okay.

"I'm sorry." Abraxas looked at her worriedly. "That's alright. At least he's getting better." She smiled. "But how about you? How are you?" Now it's Orion who looked at her worriedly. "I'm... fine i guess... it's been three years anyway. I'm sorry that i shut you guys out all these years. I get that you all just want to help, but i just need some time to be alone."

"Well you needed a long time to be alone." "Oi!" Orion got slapped in his head by Abraxas and they glared at each other. "It's okay, we understand. Mum was sad though. She wished that she could help. She lost one of her best friend and you were just like her own daughter. She felt terrible that you shut youself out from her." "I'm sorry to hear that Abraxas, i never meant to do any of that." She felt bad when she heard the news from Abraxas. "Well that's alright now! She was ecstatic when she heard the news from your father that your family is going to move to Wiltshire. We're closer now and plus you're going to Hogwarts with me and the others. You're safer here. Better write to her when I arrived. She asked me to do so when i met you." He rambled while Edelyn and Orion just listened to him and smile.