PLEASE READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT

IT AFFECTS EVERYBODY, EVEN, ALMOST ESPECIALLY, IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE SECOND ROUND. JUDGES, THAT'S YOU TOO!

I just want to say very clearly - please don't unfollow me or your judge after this awards is over, and if you're now out of it. The follow is our reward for our hard work and dedication to running this awards and is our motivation to do more for you.

Obviously, there is nothing I can do to stop you if you do unfollow, I'm just making it clear why you shouldn't. One follow from you doesn't hurt you, and it means the world to us. Think of it like this:

• Your prize for entering is getting your book expertly judged, reviewed, and possibly winning the prize for your writing. None of that would happen without us.

• Our prize for judging, and mine personally for setting up this, spending hours copying out results, trying to keep everything running smoothly and generally organising the whole thing (trust me, it's a lot harder than anyone who hasn't done it thinks, me included before this), is your follow. It doesn't hurt you. It just brings that smile to our faces because we've got something special out of our hard work, just a like you've got something out of your writing. I'm sure it makes you smile when someone votes or comments on your story. It certainly makes me smile.

I just want to be absolutely clear on the point that I am NOT doing this awards for followers. I'm doing it for you, just like you are not writing for votes and comments, but for you and your readers. Votes and comments are merely happy extras, which is what your follow is to us.

Thank you so much for reading this and considering the point I am trying to make. Good luck and congratulations to those in the second round!