Scene 29-32 - The Obsidian Army

FADE IN:

INT. X-WING STARFIGHTER - DAY

VERSITA is flipping switches above her and all around in her X-Wing Starfighter as she prepares for lift off along with all of the other rebels. She hears people on the radio.

GOLD LEADER [V.O]:

Gold Leader standing by.

BLUE LEADER [V.O.]:

Blue Leader standing by.

RED LEADER [V.O.]:

Red leader standing by.

Then another message, this time private to just VERSITA from MON MOTHMA.

MON MOTHMA:

Miss Obrinne.

VERSITA:

Yes, my lady.

MON MOTHMA:

Remember your mission. Follow Master Kenobi's lead and listen for our signal. The material you will need for this mission will be in a locked hold behind you. Remember the combination 815164. And Versita. May the force be with you.

VERSITA looks ahead and the X-Wing's around her begin to rise up into the air. She starts it up and rises into the air, then pushes the X-Wing into light speed.

EXT. REBEL BASE - DAY

BEN KENOBI watches hopefully as VERSITA's X-Wing disappears and he turns around to boards the rebel Cargo Shuttle behind him. He finds EDUS in a room with a window and a bunch of controls.

EDUS:

Keep her safe, Ben. And if you don't see me again tell her she looks like her mother - and that I love her [VOICE CRACKING] with all my heart.

BEN nods solemnly and sadly.

BEN:

I promise.

EDUS turns to the controls and gets them in the air before going into light speed.

FADE IN:

EXT. TATOOINE, NORTHWESTERN DUNE SEA - DAY

The rebel Cargo Shuttle lands in a deserted area behind a ginormous rock, and the sliding door and ramp opens for BEN. He pauses to look around him before moving foreward.

INT. FRONT DECK OF CARGO SHUTTLE - DAY

EDUS speaks into his headset.

EDUS:

May the force be with you, Ben.

EXT. BEN'S ALTERNATE ROUTE, NORTHWESTERN DUNE SEA - DAY

BEN: [INTO A MESSENGER CHIP]

You too, Edus. [QUIETER] You too.

BEN walks to the large rock and watches the cargo shuttle lift above the ground and waves at it as it flies away to where the rest of the rebels will be waiting. Then he turns around and peeks around the rock and all around him. Nothing. So he walks forward.

EXT. NORTHWESTERN DUNE SEA, ENCOUNTER - DAY

The rebels are arriving. GOLD LEADER and two rebels with their uniforms replaced new ones bearing a different symbol, underneath his leadership land their X-Wings on either side of his. Some _______s have already been waiting for them. GOLD LEADER gets out of his X-Wing and his two rebels stay in theirs as GOLD LEADER approaches FAREN DUEY, MADINE and one of their own leaders in front of their own spacecrafts.