(sixteen)

The news of the couple blew up like a bomb plantation in the middle of a volcano. Magazines, talk shows, websites and pretty much any gossip reporter was talking about it.

Tom kept getting messages asking for interviews and statements, opening spots on talk shows. He simply blocked the numbers and moved on with his day. It wasn't like he was trying to re-wrap the relationship up, he just wanted to finally relax now that the news was official and out there.

Luckily things went semi back to normal. Tom and Ryan resumed production of the movie, the set managers getting better security. (which was really just 86ing any unwelcomed reporters or paparazzi)

Jake went back home, Ryan agreed not to puncture both of his balls and Tom gave him a kiss. Jake was so damn happy a puppy could get shot in from of him and he'd still smile. In return he agreed to never bring up the incident.

Tom talked to his brother and he confirmed that he was the only one in the family still willing to talk to him. They hated him for his decision, hating him even more for who it was. Tom told Harry to just send his things over and basicly said he wasn't coming back.

If his family didn't approve of his lifestyle, why should he stick around?

Everything was running smoothly.

Well almost.

"You've known him for about what? About four months now?" Z said over the phone.

"Yeah it seems soon but we've been through so much.." Ryan bit his lip nervously.

"So you take him out to dinner, buy him flowers! You're trying to fucking purpose!"

"You're acting like I'm gonna do it today, which I'm not."

"When? Tomorrow?"

"No! When our movie premiers. While we're making our thank you speech on the red carpet-"

"You're purposing to him on the red carpet? That's...actually kinda cute." Z said softly, 'awh'ing right after.

"I know right?" Ryan smiled. "I need your help though."

"Ring shopping? I might know a guy."

"No no, I've got that covered I-"

"Wedding planner?"

"No Z-"

"Tuxs? Dressses if Tom's into-"

"Z!" Ryan cut her off, raising his voice a bit. "I don't need any of that stuff yet.. I need your help purposing to him.."

The other end went quiet.

"What do you need help with?"

"Literally everything.."

///

Meanwhile, Tom was out with Jacob, trying to relax.

Which meant a spa to Jacob.

They sat in the sauna, which Tom never liked but since he was raised better than that, he just sat there.

"So what exactly are you stressed about? I don't see anything you should be worring about." Jacob folded his arms.

"Exactly!" Tom ran a hand through his sweat mated hair. "Everything's going so well, it's scaring me. What if something goes wrong?"

"Like what?"

"Anything! Ryan could leave m-" Tom was interrupted by a hand over the mouth.

"Are we talking about the same canadian? Ryan would murder for you, you think he's gonna leave you??"

Tom moved the hand away. "I'm allowed to have that fear, it's very rational."

"And stupid."

The brit scoffed, his friend mocking him in return.

///

"What if..you just be upfront about it?" Zendaya suggested, taking a sip of her soda

"How exactly?"

She cleared her throat and got on one knee. 

"LISTEN UP YOU GAY ASSHOLE, I FUCKING LOVE YOU AND I WANT TO BE YOUR GAY LOVER (no homo) SO TAKE THIS RING IN THY HAND AND FUCKING MARRY ME."

She then bowed, Ryan clapping in the background.

"Fucking horrible, I love it." He said sarcasticly. "Come on, this is really important, it has to count."

She flops down on the couch. "Then why are you asking me for help?" 

Ryan flashed her a confused look, causing her to sigh.

"You are so worried because this has to be fucking special, 'let's do it on the red carpet, let me get these fancy ass rings.' Tom doesn't love you for that. Trust me, I don't even think Blake did either."

"Hey."

She tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "Not what I meant."

"Tom loves you because of your goofy personality. Because you, protect him and make him feel..safe...because you accept him...not because of your planning or whatever the fuck.."

The canadian sighed. She's not wrong.

"Okay.." He smiled. "Imma call him."

/////

(OOOOOOOOP I KNOW IT SUCKS
chapter 17 is gonna be abt the purposal since i reall wanna get this out
merry christmas lol)