Calling All Boys #2

"Wake up, my love, it's time" The young man got tangled up in his sheets "I feel sick, I think it would be better if I don't go". The woman couldn't help laughing "Don't be ridiculous Farrokh! Come down, your breakfast is ready" The woman left the room closing the door behind her leaving her son alone so he could get ready for his first day of school at his new school in his new city.

Farrokh took a shower and headed to the dining room, dragging his backpack. "Good morning, son," Bomi said as he read the results of the last cricket match. "Good morning, papa. Hi, Kash," said the young man as he sat at the table.

Jer went to the table with the breakfasts she prepared for her family. Bomi folded the newspaper and put it next to his plate to start eating. "Are you excited for your first day at school, Farrokh?" Jer asked, the brunette shrugged and nodded slightly, in fact he was very nervous, he was afraid that his classmates would make fun of his appearance as they all did in his last schools.

The boy finished his breakfast and kissed his mother's cheek indicating that he was leaving, she wrapped him in a tight hug and wished him a great day.

Farrokh walked quietly, humming songs of The Rolling Stones, he used to listen more to the beatles but his mood deserved something a little heavier.

I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,

I was schooled with a strap right across my back

But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas

But it's all right, I'm Jumpin' Jack Flash

It's a gas, gas, gas

A much taller boy ran past Farrokh, pushing and dropping him, the boy didn't bother to return to see if the foreigner was well, he was very focused on spending the sole of his shoes at a high speed. "Watch out, twat!" the brunette shouted as he rose from the ground. The stocky blond faded away, he seemed to be angry and Farrokh wondered why. The boy inspected himself in case he had been hurt, relieved that things weren't worse, he stroked his slightly scraped hand, then he checked the time on his watch and cursed under his breath, if he didn't hurry he would be late for his first day of school.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

John woke up with his alarm ringing, prepared to go to school and took money to buy a breakfast on the way. The house was silent, it always stayed that way since it was almost always empty; John's mother worked almost all day, leaving home very early when everyone was still asleep and at night returning too tired to spend time with her family. John had a little sister, he always had to take care of her since after his mother he was the oldest person in the house, he was like her father, he prepared lunch, helped her with her homework and played with her. Deacon's life was very hard since John's father died, it was a long time ago, John was Julie's age or so. Money was always a problem, although Lilian worked all day long the money wasn't enough to support all three so John worked in the afternoon at a small pharmacy not far from his home. Julie wasn't at home either, surely they had already picked her up to take her to her school, she was attending primary school.

Upon leaving, John locked the door and walked quietly to his new school.

Several random people passed by greeting the brunette as they knew him from the pharmacy.

"Hi, Johnny boy!" Some said, "How's your mother, John?" Others said.

The boy was very upset that they talked about his mother, she was a young, pretty and single woman and apparently many men wanted to have something with her but they didn't want anything serious since they didn't want to take care of the Deacon family. Many men were kind to John just to earn his approval, but the boy wasn't dumb, he was a little innocent, but not dumb. He was also very shy, sometimes it annoyed him because he didn't know how to react to unusual situations and didn't know how to defend his mother every time he heard that someone spoke obscenely about her.

After a long walk he reached his destination and unfortunately the place was crowded.