1. Nightly Walk

They said that walking alone at night was dangerous, but that was still my favorite thing to do.

I loved nights. They were peaceful and quiet, but at the same time exciting because you never know what can happen.

I once saw a girl from school, Natasha,  when she was walking home from a party and I was taking a walk like now. She asked me wasn't I afraid walking at night like that. I only smiled and said no. The girl was human of course and didn't know that I wasn't. If she knew she would have also known that others should be scared of me, not the other way around.

As I continued my walk down the street to the more dangerous part of town and the woods I bumped into a man.  When I looked up I was met with beautiful dark eyes whose color I couldn't recognize in the dark. When I used my heightened senses and focused better on them I concluded that they were a dark brown, although I could have sworn that they were pure black a few moments ago. 

"Isn't walking around at night dangerous?" he asked me after a few moments and raised his eyebrow. A smirk was plastered over his face as he was awaiting my answer. I on the other side just wanted to slap him.

"Depends," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"On what?" he smiled now.

'On what and who you are,' I thought but I couldn't say that of course.

Instead I settled for "I could ask you the same question."

"Trust me, I am strong enough to protect myself," he said, giving me the feeling that he probably wasn't human too.

A vampire maybe? No, it's the full moon and this is werewolf territory. The bloodsuckers aren't that stupid. The pack living here, the Shadow pack, was trained enough to kill a group of vampires that matches their numbers even without the full moon strengthening them. They are very skilled warriors and always plan out their every move before doing it. I watched them train a few times and I was impressed. Of course they didn't know I was watching them, they don't even know I'm a witch. That throws the pack out of the question too, I know all of the members. But what is this guy then?

"What makes you think that I can't protect myself too?" I asked, playing an oblivious human.

 If he thought I couldn't protect myself, he was very wrong. I could protect myself. 

As my eighteenth birthday was nearing I was getting stronger and stronger. My ability was working perfectly and with every day I was developing more and more powers. On the actual day of my birthday my powers would reach their peak and I would gain my full powers. But even without my full abilities as a dark witch I was powerful. 

"I didn't say you couldn't protect yourself, did I?" he said, a smirk making it's way to his face again.

As I was analyzing him again to get a hint on what he was I noticed how handsome this stranger in front of me actually was.

He was taller then me just so that he could hover over me. He had dark brown or black hair that was slightly curly and fell into his beautiful eyes. Everything around him screamed 'dangerous' and 'secretive'.  

"Do you have a short attention span or?" he asked, obviously amused by the fact that I was in another world for a second.   

I started walking down the street, away from him.

He didn't do anything to stop me and I was thankful for that. He was annoying.

As I was nearing the woods I started hearing screams. They were definitely from a girl.

I decided that I would check out what's happening so I headed straight to where the screams came from.

When I came there I had something to look at. A guy with pure black eyes was standing above a girl with blonde hair, who I recognized as Natasha. She was trashing around wildly on the ground and screaming her lungs out. All in all it looked like he was performing some kind of exorcism on her because of the way how he was holding out his right hand, his palm facing her.

Just as I was about to step out of the shadows and interfere, I felt an arm around my waist and then a hand on my mouth, stopping me from making any sounds.

When I looked up to the person who was holding me back I was met with the black eyes of the annoying stranger from before.

So I wasn't hallucinating when I first thought he had black eyes.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, witchy," he whispered in my ear so only I could hear.

He knew what I was?

Suddenly, we were out of the deeper part of the woods and now in the place where I entered them.

"Did you just teleport us?" I asked him, my voice full of rage.

God knows what that guy was doing with Natasha. We could have helped her! Not leave her to defend herself alone!

"Something like that. You should be thankful."

"Well I'm not. I could've helped her. Not leave her," I said, still angry at him.

"You couldn't have done anything."

And with that he disappeared right before my eyes.

Frustrated with the fact that I didn't know where the guy and Natasha actually were, I went home. I could only hope that I would see her tomorrow at school.