5. Death

Even though I woke up pretty early I still succeeded to be late to school. Fortunately the first class we had was Italian which was led by Mr. Fredericksen.

He was in his late twenties and a pretty awesome man if you ask me. He was very short and me being me, I would always tease him because of that. He never got mad because he was pretty laid back. He would just return with something similar. He once told me that he wonders why people haven't burned me down yet like a witch and all because I told him that he reminds me of the gollum from Lord of the rings. He didn't know I was actually a witch of course. He would always let me skip his class so I knew he wouldn't mind if I was late.

I arrived at the school and now stood in front of his classroom. I knocked twice and opened the door.

"Buongiorno professore, sorry I'm late," I said.

It was usual for me to be late so no one even said a thing. I made my way to the back of the classroom, where I sat, when I noticed that the seat next to me wasn't empty anymore.

There stood, or more like sat, Curly in all his glory. And he had a new haircut! Now I have to make up a new nickname for him. Mr. Fredericksen or Freddy as I like to call him suddenly stopped shuffling through his papers and started talking. 

"Since you're late Dahlia, again if I may say so, you haven't got the chance to meet Devin. He's our new student and you're going to lead him around so you can get to know him."

Oh great. Can this day suck any more? Actually, forget what I said. I don't want more unwanted surprises. At least I know what Curly's real name is now. But I'll still make up a nickname. 

I don't know why, but his name really suits him. 

When the class ended, I collected my books as fast as I could and practically sprinted out.

"Hey Dahlia!" I heard a very familiar voice call out. 

I was so close.

"What Devil?" I turned around to face him, saying Devil instead of Devin on purpose.

"It's Devin," he smiled cockily.

"I know that," I smiled sweetly back.

"Aren't you going to show me around?" he asked.

"No," I simply said.

"Oh, don't be like that. What did I ever do to you?"

I have a few things on my mind, you idiot. 

"Alright, I will. Just behave, please," I gave in.

"I promise I will." he said and smiled sincerely.

×××××××××××××××××

After a tour around the school I had to say Devin wasn't that bad. He was fun. Especially when he turned down the Queen Bee of the school, Vanity. I didn't quite catch what happened because I went to buy a coke, but I soon heard about it from the whole school. Rumors spread quickly here. I still decided to ask Devin about it.

"What did you say to Vanity? The whole school is talking about how you turned her down."

"I said that I don't want anything to do with her because she's a bimbo."

"Why did you say that to her?" I asked him, barely containing my laughter. Not that I minded that he put her in her place, I just wanted to know why.

"I don't like girls like her, they're fake. They just want guys to be at their feet when they call. I like girls from the other category, normal girls."