It's a mess

Yes, just one word, three letters, it takes just that to change the story, to know someone, to know something, to understand the world or just make it more complicated. That word is everything that Bradley needs, sadly she doesn't know what to do with it.

"Are you just going to stay there not saying anything?" Alex asks interrupting Bradley's thoughts.

"I... honestly don't know what to say"

"Oh come on, it can't be that big of a surprise for you"

"For some reason, it is"

"Yeah right" Alex gets up and opens the closet door.

"Why are you telling me this?" Bradley asks unable to take her eyes off Alex, trying to read her, to know her.

"Because you asked" Alex says simply, getting out of the closet with a blazer and putting it on.

"You know that's not what I mean"

"Well, because Mitch had already told you, but let's be honest here, you are not doing that interview, not here"

"I don't think Mitch would do something to cause you any harm"

"I hope he doesn't"

Bradley looks at Alex for a while, she examines the woman in front of her, it's completely different from the woman America gets to see every morning.

"Are you done here?" Alex asks.

"Yes, I am"

With that Bradley leaves, she doesn't know what to do anymore. For some reason she feels scared of Alex, she is getting a side from the other woman she just didn't know existed.

"Fuck" Alex says sitting down and looking at herself in the mirror, she has a plan, but is it the right one?. Her thoughts are interrupted by her phone buzzing, she looks at it and groans when she reads the name of the person calling her.

"Hello Fred" her attempts to sound friendly fail miserably.

"Well, hello Alex, you are in a good mood I assume"

"Sorry, just stressed. Everything ok?"

"Yeah, but we need to discuss what you told me yesterday, maybe we can meet for lunch?"

"That sounds good"

"Perfect then, see you latter, I'll text you the address"

"Sounds good, bye Fred"

After hanging up, Alex looks at herself in the mirror one more time before getting out and making her way to the studio.

When she arrives the first thing she sees it's Bradley, they make eye contact for barely one second, but that's enough to make Bradley uncomfortable.

After hours of being extreme hypocrites, the show ends and Alex quickly makes her way to her dressing room, but of course, she is Alex Levy and Alex Levy needs to be disturbed every five seconds.

"Alex" Chip said jogging towards her.

"Chip, I'm running late for something so..."

"Ok, I just wanted to ask you if everything is ok"

"Everything is fine Chip, I just need some rest, I have to announce my divorce, my relationship with my daughter is going to hell... Fuck I have a lot going on right now" Alex opens the door and leaves it open knowing Chip will follow her inside.

Chip closes the door behind him and Alex takes off her blazer.

"And Bradley?" Chip asks.

Alex stops for a moment before opening the closet door to look for her other clothes.