All About Ryosaku ❤ (Intro before Fanfics XD)

Disclaimer: These two characters are the property of Konomi Takeshi.

**
Ryoma: Hey, do you know where Kakinokizaka Tennis Garden is?
Sakuno: *points* Ah, you're from the train! Oh, I'm sorry, I'm also going to Kakinokizaka Tennis Garden. Are you playing? This is my first time watching tennis!
Ryoma: So, where is it?

(From Episode 1)

Polite little bugger, isn't he? :P

Tennis no Oujisama, more commonly known as The Prince of Tennis, is a manga/anime sensation by Konomi Takeshi that burst into popularity since its debut in Shounen Jump. Its main cast is a team of unique, pretty talented young tennis players from Seishun Gakuen. Echizen Ryoma, given the nickname Prince of Tennis by his soon-to-be coach Ryuzaki Sumire, hits Japan in his freshman year of middle school after claiming four consecutive titles over in the U.S.. This charismatic youth takes Seigaku by storm with his skills and he earns himself a spot on the Regulars in no time. Everyone is intrigued by this superhuman rookie, but none more than the very girl who first spotted him, Ryuzaki Sakuno.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to sit here and let me tell you a story. This is perhaps the most unromantic love story I've ever fallen head-over-heels for. This is about a dense, socially inept boy who thinks his cat, Ponta, and tennis are the only three things in the world, and about a shy young girl who sits outside of his world, forever peaking in. But just how difficult is it to pry the door to Ryoma's heart open? We'll soon find out.

***

Ryoma: Mada mada dane.

(Too many episodes/chapters to cite)

ECHIZEN RYOMA~ a.k.a. Samurai Jr., Ochibi, Ryoma-sama, Gaki, Seigaku's Pillar of Support, etc.

We'll start with this kid, the star of our beloved tennis show, and the baby of his tennis team. Viewed as a God by some, and a royal pain in the ass by others, he is the Prince of Tennis through and through. He is probably one of the most loved (or hated) tennis players around; certainly the one that's got everyone's attention. Either way, if he gets to own someone at tennis and sip a Ponta afterwards, life is good. This boy has a one-track, tennis-centric mind the majority of the time which is rarely breached, unless Inui-senpai's got a new juice, or Oishi-fukubuchou drags him and the team along on a bowling adventure. You see Ryoma easily attract people, mostly his senpai-tachi, and rivals from other schools. Everyone wants a piece of Seigaku's Wonder Freshman, and he knows it.

He sometimes takes advantage of his popularity by pinning his identity on someone else:

That's a shot from Episode 28, wherein Ryoma is way late for Seigaku's match against St. Rudolph, and Mr. Two-Years-of-Tennis-Experience has to pretend to be him just so the team can register. There are more occasions where Horio becomes Ryoma for the greater good of the universe (or for Ryoma's sick amusement) but I chose this one specifically because it's one of the rare times Sakuno bitches Ryoma out, bless her soul. ♥ He listened, too.

And then there are times he takes on Horio's identity to hide who he really is. He likes to hide from fame. Whether or not it's because he truly hates the attention fame garners is anybody's guess, but I really think he does it because he thinks it's funny. Things are that simple before puberty, you know. The little brat loves picking on people. He gets his ass beaten for it quite a bit, too (pfft, not that he cares. As long as there's tennis, there's no such thing as pain.) The Wonder Freshman is a wonder indeed.

Just because he has a one-track mind doesn't mean he doesn't have a personality, however. He's a twelve year old boy. He likes sports, video games, and dorking around with his friends just as much as any normal kid. He is sarcastic, pretentious, and downright rude sometimes, and you either want to hug him or smack him, but that's why we love him. "Mada mada dane" he says, as if all the talent in the world is his, and everyone else is completely hopeless. Hahaha, funny! (not for him if his senpai-tachi finds out he dreams such things.)