Chapter 1

"I finally found you!" I say, coming to my best friend. He' s standing next to a blonde girl painted with red lips and dark eyes. She looks at me angry for cutting the moment, but she doesn't tell me anything.

"I'm sorry, Kath. Look, this is Izabele, she's studying medicine and next year she wants to go to Harvard." He is clearly not interested in the story of this Izabele, but in what she has between her legs.

Sometimes I wonder how Adam is my best friend. We've known each other since I was 5. It all happened when I was riding a bike and I fell, I started crying desperately and a little boy of 6 years old appeared to me with dark hair and green eyes. He helped me up and gave me a chocolate to encourage me. Since then we have been inseparable. We were always in the same school, until a year ago he came to CWU and left Portland, just as we had planned to do.

This year it was my turn to come in, and when I got here I noticed that the little boy I knew became a totally different one. Of course, our relationship is still like "nail to toe", but there's still something different. Every day he has a new girl. He fucks her and it's over, he wants the next one to come. He's popular all over campus, and all the girls are following him. He's become a totally different person from me. I'm more like books and quiet and he's more fights, parties and chicks. A strong contrast.

"Kath" I say introduce myself to the girl  "Do you come to study or am I wasting my time here?" I ask Adam.

"I don't think I'm going to study, I'm sorry. But why don't you stay here with us?" I turn my eyes. "Come on, Kath, the year just started, why don't you take time out of college a little bit?"

"I've got a lot of stuff going on, so don't even think about it."

" You don't change. Will you at least come see me in the ring tomorrow night? It's against Tyler Scott." He tell me, but seeing that I don't know who he is, he turns his eyes "He's here at school, everybody knows him, Kath."

"I'm sorry, I don't see who it is."

"Don't you know Tyler Scott? He's like the most popular and beautiful guy on campus!" comments the girl that I don't even remember her name anymore.

"Thank you, Izabele." Says Adam certainly to be ironic.

"Oh, after you, of course. You're the first. " Declares by kissing him on the cheek.

God, what a naive girl.

"Do I count on you, Kath?"

"Do I really have to go?"

"Come on, come on, come on, come on! He's my enemy on campus, you can't miss this and not see your best friend kick his ass."

I roll my eyes "Convinced. All right, I'll go. But I don't have a ride, so you have to pick me up and bring me back."

" Okay, I'll stop by your dorm at 6:00 in the afternoon."

I nod and turn to go to my room to study, but I am prevented by something with two meters higher that almost makes me fall. An arm prevents me from estatelar in the middle of the floor and when I look at it I see that it is full of tattoos. Flowers, skulls, phrases in French. All mixed up, but they leave an incredible drawing.

I compose my dress and my hair, and when I look up I repair myself with a blond boy with blue eyes. He's dressed with a black T-shirt and jeans. I conclude that he doesn't have tattoos just on his arm, but on his entire chest. The t-shirt is tight and you can see that it has well defined muscles. 

When I stop looking at his body, I notice he's doing the same thing I did to him. He looks at my clothes and especially at my breasts, which makes me feel very uncomfortable.

"Thanks for not dropping me" I'll tell him to stop looking at my body.

"I'm sorry I put myself behind you, but with that ass I had to take a good look." Says with a wholesale smile. 

I'm speechless and full of shame and anger. Who does this guy think he is to talk like that about my body? I know it's a compliment, but I still don't like it.

"Tyler, I think it's best to stop making you my best friend because if not, believe me, I won't wait until the ring."

"Easy, brother. The girl's beautiful and she's got a mayor's body. You didn't waste her for being your best friend, right?" says Tyler as if I didn't have it next to him.

Rude and stupid. That's how I define this boy. And with these last words he said, it was a drop of water.

"Who do you think you are to talk about me like that? You have no right and you don't even know me, so look at other girls because I'm not for sale." I'm angry with this boy and suddenly he starts laughing. "What's so funny?"

Suddenly it gets serious looking at me. His eyes look at mine in a thoughtful way.

"Bro, what if we cheer up our fight?" Asks my best friend.

"What do you want, Tyler?" Asks Adam.

"Let's make a bet." Look at Adam for a moment, but he'll turn to me soon. "If you win, I'll give you 5,000 dollars."

Adam laughs. "Dude, I'm not gonna give you $5,000 if you lose. I pass."

"But I didn't say that's what I wanted."

Tyler keeps looking at me and that's when I understood. I was going to have something to do with what he was going to win.

"If I win, she'll have to go out with me." Says pointing to me.