Chapter 6

"Are you telling me you skipped school to go shopping?" Even though I can't see Richard's face, I know he's scratching his eyebrow. It's something he does whenever he's either surprised or in doubt or confused. And in this case it's all three.

"Yes, Richard."

" So, what happened? A "OVNI" took my friend Kath! OH MY GOD! HELP ! HELP! " Shout, but right away there's a big laugh. "I think I know why you're going shopping, little girl."

"That's not what you're thinking at all."

But it's true. Tonight is dinner with Tyler and I had no clothes, so I decided to come shopping. Of course, it's not just about dinner, I need some new clothes too, and one thing led to another.

"It's not like I don't know you, Kath Evans. But at least make sure you choose a very provocative dress."

"RICHARD! " I scream so loud, the waitress at the store would scare and drop her clothes. I make a gesture to apologize. "I'll turn it off. I see you later."

I turn the phone off and keep checking the dresses. I pick up a red one and go try it on. It's not too low-cut and not too short, it's got a boat neckline, which makes it unusual, but very nice. I take off the dress and pick up another pastel blue. It's got a V-neck and it's over my knee. It's beautiful.

"I think you've chosen it." The waitress is outside the dressing room looking at me. I thank her and tell her I'll take the dress.

I go to the other stores and buy some more clothes. Leggins, pants, sweets, sneakers, everything I need. I was so focused, I didn't even realize the hours were passing, and the next thing I know, it's almost 4:00. Tyler texted me to say he'd pick me up at 6, which makes me leave the mall in a hurry to get ready.

I get to the room, I see Emily's in there. I put the shopping bags down and grab the products from the bathroom to take a shower. When I'm done, I stretch my hair and put on a little makeup. I put on the dress and I see that it's 10 minutes to the appointed time. I put on my shoes and go to the mirror. I don't recognize myself, but I like what I see. The light blue shade and the black scratch contrast with my pink lips. And my white sandals match my dress beautifully. It's been a long time since I felt as beautiful as I do now.

I stop smiling in the mirror when I hear knocking. Emily gets out of bed and goes to open it. I look up and I see it's Tyler. He's wearing a black blazer and a white T-shirt, not too formal or too casual, it's beautiful.

Emily starts looking at him and me, trying to figure out what was going on. But as she was going to say something, I picked up my bag and slammed the door in her face. Tyler looks at me. His eyes are all over my body. His mouth is open and his eyes are wide open.

"Oh, shit."He chokes.-"You look... you fucking look beautiful."