Chapter 5

30 minutes later, a car starts moving slowly next to me.I start to walk faster with fear, but when I see the car still behind me I start to run. The fear of the past returns again and brings with it the tears. Until I hear a recognized voice.

"Katherine!"

I look at the car and the driver. The headlights don't let me focus on him, but when I hear the voice again I notice it's Tyler. I stop walking and get inside the car.

"I know you're half crazy, but don't you think it's dangerous to walk down the road at this time of night?"

"Adam kicked me out of the car, I had no choice."

"He what? Looks like I'm gonna have to punch this guy again." He gets his jaws contracted and his fists clenched.

Why are you defending me, Tyler Scott? I don't understand you...

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Thanks for the ride."

I'll just put my head up against the window and we'll go the rest of the way quietly.Ten minutes later, I'm outside the residence.

"Thanks for the ride again, Tyler. Good night. "I'll take my stuff one more time and put my hand on the handle.

"Hold on, Kath."

I turn to Tyler and I notice he's pretty serious.

"I don't know what happened, but he had no right to do that to you. You know if you need anything, I'm here."

Smile and then hold me. This is not the boy I met yesterday... I'm so confused.

"I know you are. Now I have to go to bed, it was a tiring night."

"Go on. Tomorrow I'll send you a message to arrange our date."

" But you don't have my number." I tell him when I close the car door.

"Don't worry, I'll find a way to get it."

I wake him up and get in. The room's empty, which indicates I'm not upset about Emily's shit. I lie down and fall asleep with tears running down my face.