Chapter 2

I look at Tyler not believing in what he said. My best friend would never accept that bet. I know him. I know him. I know him, don't I? What the fuck, of course I know him.

"You got nothing to lose, bro. You don't lose money or anything. And if you win, you still have a lot in your hand. Now the only thing I'm asking you for is your friend here." says pointing and bringing her face closer to mine." Who I don't know the name yet."

Your mouth is inches from mine and your breath smells like mint.

As he whispers, I feel a chill going down my spine.

I try to understand his eyes, but it's impossible. His blue eyes are deeper than my dark brown eyes.

"Kath. My name is Kath." I say finally, still confused by that situation and very close to his mouth.

"Hello Katherine."

I immediately wake up.from a trance. Katherine? He can't call me that!

My best friend comes right between us.

"I'll take the bet, but now I advise you to get out of here because she doesn't like you calling her that. I'm warning you."

"What? Katherine? That's your name, isn't it, Katherine?"

Tears start running down my face. I don't know who this annoying boy is, but he knows how to mess with my emotions.

He starts looking at me, confused to see me crying.

"Look what you've done!" Shouts Adam. He hugs me. A warm hug that I hadn't felt in a while. "Easy, Kath. It's okay." It calms me down with pats on the head.

"Are you crying because I call you Katherine?" Tyler laughs like he's seeing a clown in front of him.

Adam leaves me and prepares to punch him. But I'm faster than him.

He looks at me, surprised at the slap I gave Tyler and hugs me again to protect me if he decides to take revenge. Instead he turns around and walks away.

I start to cry even more in Adam's chest, remembering the dark past I had.

"Come on, I'll take you to the dorm."

"Thank you, Adam." I say through the hiccups and tears.

When we get to the residence I lay immediately inside the bed and Adam sits in the chair of my desk. My roommate, Emily, is almost never in her room. That sometimes makes it a lot easier.

"Kath, you know very well that now I wouldn't let the same thing happen to you." He looks at me very worried.

"I know that." I make a yellow smile.

Adam gets up and lays by my side. They put an arm behind my back and I lay my head on his chest.

"What if we did it like the old times and watched a movie?" Look at me with a smile on his face.

I accept the idea. We started watching If I Stay, one of my favorite movies. After 20 minutes I fall asleep and start dreaming about a drunk man calling out to "Katherine" all over the house.