Chapter 7

Chorus of shame, but then I think he should say it to everyone and pull myself together.

"Thank you. You're not bad too."

Shrug your arms and take my hand. The contact makes me shiver. Your hand's warm, contrary to mine that's freezing. Our fingers cross, and I realize we look like boyfriends because everybody's looking at us. Some smile, some show a face of wonder, because when I look at it, how does a good girl date a boy full of tattoos? Well, it happens I don't, so I don't have to worry about that.Tyler opens the door of the car that brought me into the room yesterday and lets my hand go so 

I can get in. He closes the door and goes to the driver's seat. When he comes in, he puts his hand on my leg.

"I hope you like the restaurant and dinner." Smile, a genuine smile. But there's something bothering me.

"Are you always like this with all the girls?"

Your face says you didn't expect such a question, so take his hand off my leg.

"Is that what you think of me?" Clearly he' s upset, but it's the truth. Anyone who knows him knows that he walks like a different one every day.

" I just asked a question, Tyler. You know what people say about you when it comes to girls."

"And does that mean you think that about me, too?" I just stare at the floor. I know he's right. "Well, then know that you're the first one I've asked out."

"What?." I can't believe it, he can't be serious.

"I've never gone out with anyone, but I never had to because I'm fucking them anyway. Going out would just be a waste of time."

I'm getting ready to get out of the car, upset with his words, but pull my arm.

" I was not talking about you, Kath. I don't know... you're different. I've never gone out with anyone, I've never bet on a date and I've never praised a girl. I used to think that was stupid, but when I saw you... I don't know... ...you woke up to something that nobody had ever woken up before. " Your blue eyes are intensely scanning mine. I can't stand your look and look down. He takes my chin and makes me look at him." I know that I don't know anything about you yet, but that's what this dinner is for."

Smile and give me a kiss on the face. Get the car engine running and a few minutes back put his hand on my leg. We arrived at a restaurant called William's. When I look inside I get worried.

"Tyler, this restaurant seems very expensive. I can't afford it. Please go to another one."

"Money? I invited you. Did you think I'd let you pay?" I'd start laughing. I'm not accustomed to people giving me anything.

" I can't take it. I pay for mine and you pay for yours."

"Katherine, don't even insist on it. I'll get there and pay for dinner even if you haven't eaten anything yet."

Take my hand and we'll walk into the restaurant, the inside of which is based on a red tone. The seats on the counter are red and the walls are red too. The floor is black tiled, and in the hall has a carpet of red, which leaves an incredible contrast. The tables are round with black towels and on top are several plates and cutlery and a bowl with red roses. Everything together leaves a comfortable and beautiful space.

"Good evening. Name please?"

Tyler tells the waitress her name and soon after we are directed to a table in the field of the room. We choose our food and the waitress leaves to pick up our drinks and deliver our order.

"All right, tell me about yourself, Tyler Scott."

Look at me suspicious, but then smile.

" What do you want to know?"

" What's your family like? " if there's one thing that I am is very curious about people's past and family. Maybe because I like to hear a wonderful past in order to forget my horrible. Tyler would stir up uncomfortable. "If you don't want to talk about it, we'll change the subject."

"I will if you tell me about yours. "I look at him suspicious. "I promise, Kath."

"My past is complicated... I don't like to talk about it. " I feel Tyler's hand above mine and I look at him.

" If you don't get that out, you'll never get rid of it. I've been meaning to ask you this question, but I've never had the courage. Tell me, why did you start crying when I called you Katherine?"

I look at Tyler wondering whether or not I should tell him what's tormenting me. Only Adam knows about my past, and neither does Richard. But I think I trust Tyler.

"It's a long story."

"We have a long night. Is that enough?"  Smile, giving me incentive.