Chapter 3

"BUT NO ONE'S EVER LEFT ME QUIET THIS SHOREE! YOUR WORDS CUT DEEPER THAN A KNIFE... NOW I NEED SOMEONE TO BREATHE ME BACK TO LIFE!!"

I wiggle around in bed not believing that I was dreaming about Shawn Mendes' songs.

"II'LL BE NEEDING STICHESSSS... I'M TRIPPING OVER MYSELF..."

I wake up. I see Emily singing with loud music. She is straightening her hair and clearly ignores my presence.

I look out the window and I get scared. The sun is shining which indicates that it is late and I am late to class.

"What time is it? "I ask Emily picking up my phone. 12:30. "12:30!!! Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I'm not your mother."

It's clear that she doesn't like me, but I don't care because the feeling is mutual. In the first days I didn't understand why she ignored me and turned her eyes. I still tried to be her friend, but when one night she came with a boy to the dorm I gave up. Since then, we have almost never spoken and she only comes to the room when she no more has any clean clothes or to study, which is rare.

It was 30 minutes before class was over, so I decided to miss that one too and go to the next one. I get dressed and go to the cafeteria to eat something.

When I get to the door I get a message from my best friend: "I came to the republic last night, I hope you are better. I'm counting on you for tonight. Xx "

Tonight was the fight in the ring. I seriously hope Adam wins because I don't want to go out with Tyler.

I go to the table where Richard is.

"Kath, look at that guy. It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"I can't believe he's interested in boys while he's surrounded by a lot of girls." I play with him.

"Thanks."  He throws me food all sulky." Plans for tonight? I thought we'd go to the cinema if you don't have anything.

I have to go to the ring to see Adam, but why don't you come with me?

"And see boys on naked trunks fighting? COUNT ON ME!"

Richard is one of my only friends on campus. We met when we were going into an English studies class. I was distracted sending a message to Adam that I didn't notice him and we both fell to the floor. If it was anybody else I would have started protesting immediately, but we both started laughing instead and became two good friends. He's in Literature and I'm in Music, but we still hang out with each other. In addition to having a lot of similarities such as a taste for studying and perfection, we both like boys, which makes him even more special and different.

"And I'm going to see Adam fighting with whom?" He asks with his mouth full of pasta.

"A guy named Tyler Scott."

Richard, who was drinking water, spits it on me. "Thanks,but cold waters showers I have enough at the residence."

"Sorry Kath!" -.,Gets up to get napkins and then tries to dry my sweater with them. " Are you talking about Tyler Scott from this campus or...?"

"From this campus. But does everyone know him but me?"

"Don't you know Tyler? What do you mean? He's just the most famous and beautiful guy on campus, and of course the one with the most girls behind him. I'm surprised you've never even seen him."

"I've seen him." I say looking at the ground.

Richard already knows me too well.

"There's something there. What happened?"