Chapter 9: What to do

"So, what are we going to do with you, Night Dreamer?" asked Kei.

"Please don't do anything to him!" I pleaded. I block him from Steve.

"Why are you insisting on protecting him?!" asked Kei.

"Well, he's a nice Night Dreamer. I named him Steve, so please call him that." I explained.

"And didn't he leave Damatra because he figured out they're evil." added Lily. "He also didn't take part of my parents death." said Lily.

"As you can see, he's a good guy! So, please let him stay as part of the group." I begged.

"Aunt Jenny, what do you think?" Kei asked Jenny.

"Ooh! Using the word 'Aunt' are we?" Jenny asked herself. " Well, since it's obvious Steve was afraid of Donny and didn't help him attack you, I think it's fine to let him in the group. But, we need him to have a disguise. Such as, being a person, or an animal." said Jenny.

Kei had a shocked face on him. "Are you serious! This is a Night Dreamer! Our enemy! We kill them!" Kei argued.

"Well, Kei.Not really. Our enemy is Damatra, it's just that regular Night Dreamers are used by them. So, those Night Dreamers are basically in our way and we have no choice but to kill them." Cathy explained.

Kei sighed. "Whatever. Just-just let me be alone." Kei said.

Cathy and Lily  went over to Steve.

"Hey! Hey! Can you turn into me?!" asked Lily.

"Ooh! Do me next!" said Cathy.

"Okay." said Steve.

Steve turned into Lily.

"Wow! You look just like me!" exclaimed an amazed Lily.

"Well, that is the point. That's their power after all." pointed out Cathy.

"I know. But it's just so amazing!" said Lily.

" I know, right!" agreed Cathy.

Steve turned into Cathy.

"It's just like looking in a mirror!" exclaimed Cathy.

Steve, as Cathy, and Cathy both pretend to be mirroring each other.

"Hehehehe! That was so much fun!" cheered Cathy.

Steve turned back into his original form.

"So, Steve, how come you were able to speak clearly back there?" I asked him.

"Well, I have always been able to speak clearly. I was just pretending to be a regular Night Dreamer before." explained Steve.

"I see. That makes sense!" I said. "Also, you need a form from now on. But what should you be? Can you be your own human?" I asked him.

"Hmmm... I think I can, but it'll be hard to do."said Steve.

Steve's eyes glow white, and he transforms into a human, sort of. Half of his body looks human, while the other side is still a Night Dreamer. His human half has black, straight hair and green eyes. He has a shirt that says, "I'm a Night Dreamer, Beware!" with a Night Dreamer head on it. How original. And he has pants and shoes.

 At least his clothes cover his Night Dreamer body. We just need to worry about his half Night Dreamer head and arm. Probably his leg, but it's mostly covered by his pants.

"How come you didn't become a human entirely?" asked Cathy.

"Well, I'm not that strong enough to transform into a human that doesn't exist. Only high intelligent ones can. I'm in the middle." explained Steve.