Chapter 1: The Woods

My name is Frederick, and I've always lived in the woods. Well the Woods of the Night. Some people decided to name it that, probably because Night Dreamers roam the place. Oh, well. That doesn't matter.

Welp, I'm gonna head on out and collect some berries! I open the door and exited my cabin, then I closed the door so Night Dreamers won't be able to walk in. I was walking on the path to the berries, but then some humans burst into the woods and entered the section I am in. They seem to be surprised that a "human" lives in the woods.

"Wait. Do you actually live in the Woods of the Night?" asked a black-haired boy.

"Um. Yes. I do live here. That over there is my cabin." I answered pointing to my cabin.

"Alone?" asked the same boy.

"Yes. Alone." I answered.

"Ya shouldn't be doing that, youngster. It's too dangerous." said a taller guy who looks a lot older than the boy. This guy has a big bald spot on the top of his head and has a big belly.

"Yes, sir. But, I can manage myself." I confidently told him.

A teenage girl stepped to the front of the group to speak. She has messy long locks of red hair. She wears glasses and has a pair of old gloves on.

"Hey! This is great! We could stay at his cabin for the time being. We can also plan out how to attack Damatra and protect....um... this boy while we're here!" she suggested.

"Ok. How about we just, GET IN THE CABIN BEFORE THE NIGHT DREAMERS COME!!!" the boy shouted.

"Oh, yeah. They could be roaming around and come over here. Hehe.." said the teenage girl.

I start walking over to my cabin. "Okay. You can come in." I said and gestured them to come over.

The black-haired boy, the teenage girl, the older guy with a bald spot, and two other people, a woman, and a little girl, all followed me into the cabin. They all seem to be a group of people.

" How about we introduce each other?" asked the little girl.

"Okay. I'll introduce myself first. So, um, my name is Frederick." I announced.

"I'm Lily." said the little girl.

"I'm Hank, nice to meet 'cha Frederick!" said the bald spot guy with his arm stretched out for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you, too!" I replied, shaking his hand.

"Hehe! My name's Catherine. But, you can call me, Brainiac!" said the teenage girl.

"Ugh. Don't listen to her. She's just messing with you." said the boy.

"Umm..." was the only thing that came out of my mouth.

"Hehehe! He's right! I'm just joking around! But, you can call me Cathy." said the teenage girl.

"My name is Jenny. It's a pleasure to meet you." the woman said, shaking my hand.

"Same," I replied. "What about you?" I asked the boy.

"Ugh. Sure. If I have to. My name is Kei." answered the boy.

I smile by looking at all these friendly people.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all! I've never had visitors, so it's really nice to meet a bunch of nice people!" I said to the group.

They all nod.

"But, I must ask all of you. Who, or what is Damatra?" I ask them.

Author:
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! I wrote some of this during school, in my free time. I will write the next chapter immediately. So, be prepared for it tomorrow or later today. I will also change the covers some other time. When? I don't know.