Chapter 5: Breakfast and Fighting Night Dreamers

I was the first to wake up, so I decided to make pancakes for breakfast. Once I started to cook the pancakes on the skillet, Kei woke up.

"What are you doing?" he asked me, rubbing his eyes as he entered the kitchen.

"I'm making pancakes," I softly said so I wouldn't wake up the others.

"Whatever. When they're done, tell me. I'm going out to train," he simply said. He walked outside and pulled out his sword and started to train.

"Okay?" was the only thing that came out of my mouth.

I continued to make the pancakes and placed the cooked ones on a plate. Soon, Hank, Jenny, Lily, and Cathy woke up, in that order.

"Frederick, do you know where Kei is?" Lily asked.

"He's outside. Let me go get him!" I answered.

I went outside and saw Kei sitting next to a tree taking a break from training.

"Hey, Kei! Breakfast is ready!" I shouted at him.

He got up and walked inside, I followed.

We are now all in the dining room and got as many pancakes we wanted. The butter and maple syrup are placed on the table for anyone to grab. We start to eat our pancakes.

"So, um. Are we going to do any other missions?" I asked the group.

"Mmmfor- ahem. Well, for now, we are going to get rid of the Night Dreamers here. That was the reason we came here. I suppose we will continue to do that after breakfast." answered Jenny.

"Aha. Okay. We'll...do that." I stumbled my words

"What? Are you not up to it?! I thought you said you can help us deal with the Night Dreamers?" questioned Kei.

"Oh, I can! But, I don't know how I feel about...killing Night Dreamers." I answered.

"You'll get used to it. Just toughen up." Kei simply said and continued to eat his pancakes.

"Umm...."

"Don't worry, Frederick. I was also a little scared about killing Night Dreamers, too. All you need is a little practice!" Lily empathized with me.

"Oh, thank you, Lily," I thanked her with a sad smile.

We finished up our pancakes and cleaned the table.

"Ok. Let's head out! Kei, you do you and fight the Night Dreamers with your sword. Cathy, you send out your robots to stun the Night Dreamers. Lily, be on the lookout for Night Dreamers that could be hiding. Oh, and um. Hank, protect Frederick with your shield; and Frederick, you can observe us dealing with the Night Dreamers. I'll go and shoot them with my gun. Everyone, set out!" commanded Jenny.

"Come along, Frederick, I gotcha!" Hank said to me.

"Oh, ok," I said to Hank. Guess, that means I have agreed my role to be useless.

We all head out and Kei immediately runs into the dark woods. Cathy has her robots in her bright blue backpack with red straps.

"Man, there he goes again..." Cathy mutters to herself. She notices me. "Oh, don't worry. He always barges into the woods first. That's why you saw him first, we always fall behind to try and catch up to him." She tightens her grip on her backpack's straps. "Well, good luck! I hope you're a fast learner! Gotta go!" She goes and runs into the woods.

Lily starts to step off of the cabin's porch. "Well, gotta go Frederick! Be careful out there!" She runs towards a tree and climbs it. Like a ninja, she jumps from tree branch to tree branch, keeping a lookout on Night Dreamers that could be lurking around.