𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮: 𝓒𝓱𝓲𝓵𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝓶𝓷𝓮𝓭

"We hold our breath/ And try to keep/ An open mind/ To numb the grief/ And we are strong/ But I am weak." --Einn, Ask Embla

Cael

My eyelids unglued from my eyes slowly as the sun poured into my room, highlighting the sparse furniture and lack of decor. The sun highlighted the grooves of my father's horns as he lay, his arms wrapped around me protectively, even though I am a foot taller and have a larger muscle mass. I watched as his face twitched as he groaned. "Cael?" he sat up, his hair mussed and his clothes wrinkly. "Did I fall asleep here?" He sat up. "I think so, I fell asleep before you did." He wiped his face with his palm and grinned at me. "Remember when you were just a wee wean, coming to me crying because you thought something was under your bed? And now look at you," he pinched my cheek, "All grown up, no need to fight off monsters anymore," he sniffled. "Oh, father, please don't start crying, now I can protect you!"

He smiled weakly, brushing my hair. "I can take care of both of us, stóirín." He kissed my temple and stood up. "Now, I will make a morning meal for us and our guests." I followed him outside my room, and into the threshold of the kitchen.

Belial was working hard on breakfast, whisking away. Lucifer sat at the little kitchen table I made, sipping piping hot coffee before he noticed father. "Ah, Airell! You're just in time, Belial is making breakfast." My father looked shocked. "Oh...thank you." Belial offered him a taste of his food. "My! Where'd you learn to cook, Lord Belial?"

The Snake of Eden preened under the attention and compliments. "My wife," he smirked, show off his scary fangs, "my wife taught me how to cook. Granted, ssshe'sss better at it than I am, but I am ssstill learning."

"Oh, and who is your wife? What is she like?" My father held a mug of hot tea. "A princessss," he purred. "A beautiful, sssexy, sssweet, voluptuousss princessss. And ssshe'sss all mine."

I was watching out the corner of my eye as Lucifer slowly crushed the mug he held in his hand with every word, until the ceramic cracked and went all over the floor.

"Belial," he hissed in a sickly sweet tone, "We don't talk about her, remember?"

Belial's eyes narrowed into slits, but nodded, submitting to his father.

My father and I watched the two, in fear.

"I-I'll clean that up," my father squeaked out, just in time for Aiden to walk in. His hair was delightfully mussed, like someone had tugged on it, and he was unabashedly showing off all the bruises from his lovemaking with Lucifer. He lazily swirled a finger around, and the fragments began to shake.

It was almost like the fragments were moving back in time, getting closer and closer until the cup is resting gingerly in Lucifer's hand.

"Enjoying your powers, doll?" Lucifer grinned dangerously, his unoccupied hand dripping down into the Aiden's tights.

"Very much, My liege."

I took a glance at Belial, who was grinding his bottom lip between his teeth. Does Lucifer's fling with Aiden anger him? Why?

Everyone had gotten their share of the meal and thanked Belial for it. The dishes were cleaned, and my father was sneaking to his bedroom to speak with Lucifer. I followed, quietly, and watched through the keyhole.

"Airell, my child. How are you feeling?" Lucifer asked softly, standing in front of my father.

"Great."

Lucifer clacked his tongue. "Airell," his voice became smooth and sweet. "Tell me the truth." My heart fell into pieces as I watched my guidance's, my role model, my father's bottom lip quiver before he started sobbing.

Lucifer held him in his arms, and sat down, rocking my father back and forth, gently petting his hair. My father slobbered and blubbered all over Lucifer.

"Someday," Lucifer whispered. "Someday he'll see you again, and he'll regret. Does he even know about Cael?"

My eyes widened. My other father?

Father hiccuped. "No!" I gasped, and felt my blood turn to ice as my quiet gasp was definitely heard. Lucifer's eyes, red with anger met mine.

He clutched my father closer, looking me in the eyes. I read his lips. Go.