Take One for the Team [What If?]

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Title: Take One for the Team

Setting: During "Play By The Rules" in TSP

Topic: What If?

Multi-chapter?: No

Synopsis: Rather than putting her own daughter's face in the middle of the competition, Robin persuades a hesitant Diana to rope a special Hoshidan archer into the mess. Meanwhile, Takumi is furious about Macentos's mistreatment of his friend, and decides to end the contest in his own style. Corrin sits down with Robin to enjoy the show. Lucina is...confused.

Or, more appropriately summarized, Robin plays matchmaker on her daughter and angers Macentos. Quite the striking of two birds with one stone, correct?

Author's Blurb: By popular demand, here it is - what would have happened if Takumi had been the infiltrator for Diana's suitor contest, rather than our favorite sorceress herself! Admittedly, I'm laughing before I've even started writing it, LOL. Have fun!

...

Of all the things Takumi was expecting that day, he did not expect Diana Celeste to abruptly fall back into his life.

On a normal day in Valla, he got up expecting the usual. Since Ryoma had assigned him to be a diplomat of sorts for Hoshido in regards to Valla (when in reality, they all knew it was to keep an eye on Corrin), he was a near permanent guest in Gyges, the Valliate palace. His daily duties were to help Corrin manage her kingdom and do as much work that she could give him.

Every single day, his study was loaded with papers, strewn across his desk and sometimes on the ground in the times that he found himself exhausted. Leo often teased him for his exhaustion in filing out all the documents.

"It's child's play," the Nohrian prince had said as he laughed at Takumi's tired eyes, one particular day after a tedious day of work. "Come on, Prince Takumi, you can do better than that."

Takumi almost scoffed, but he bit his tongue.

It was easier for Leo to say. He was used to these types of matters. Takumi was not.

Still, Takumi focused on filling the documents at a steady pace despite his complaints. It was boring work, but it was beneficial for Corrin to get as much help as she could get. Still, staring at papers all day could make one's days dull. Takumi often wished for a change in the pace of life. As much as he enjoyed the peace, he almost wished for there to be something to actively do than paperwork.

It seemed that the gods seemed to answer his call quickly in the form of one Diana Celeste.

When Takumi said that she fell back into his life, she literally fell. The portal opened in his study with a sudden burst of wind, making all of the papers on his desk slap him in the face as they scattered into the air. Startled, he shot up from his seat and jumped over his desk, and his hands had already grabbed his Fujin Yumi out of reflexes. Before he could even nock an arrow on the bow, Diana literally fell out of the portal and straight into his arms with an ungraceful stumble.

The Fujin Yumi clattered onto the ground as Takumi wound his arms around the sorceress to catch her with a yelp. The two stumbled backward against his desk, and Takumi reached an arm behind him to grab onto the hardwood in order to steady both of them.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry!" Diana's voice was slightly high pitched while she scrambled to straighten up in his arms. Takumi blinked as he realized that yep, that was indeed Diana Celeste, the woman who had gone undercover during the Hoshidan-Nohrian war as Anastasia Renovamen.