A Broken Road of Recovery [Outtake]

Title: A Broken Road of Recovery

Setting: After The Future Past

Topic: Outtake

Multichapter?: No

Synopsis: Far off in a world that used to be riddled with terror, a young woman seeks out the answers she once held.

Author's Blurb: You guys thought that this book wasn't going to have angst, huh?

Part of this chapter is actually supposed to be credited to MMZelda. Thank you so much!

Also, disclaimer: I have never attended a therapy session, so any written ones are purely based off of my own research, and are not a fully accurate portrayal of how therapy actually works. I hope that I managed to make it as real as possible!

...

Day 1

"How are you feeling today, Your Highness?"

Hands clasped, eyes downward, Lucina didn't know how to reply properly to that. The confidence that she had had earlier was now starting to dissipate a little bit, and she felt terrible because of this.

She inhaled and exhaled. 'You can do this. You promised Inigo, and you promised everyone else from that other world. You need to do this.'

"I'm...okay right now, I guess," she told the therapist, Amelia. "I'm not sure...I'm sure sure when that will change though."

Amelia pursed her lips as she rifled through her books. "Then that is what we will be working on for the next couple of months. I hope that you will be ready."

"I am," Lucina said. "I just...am a little bit nervous."

The clock on the counter continued to tick, which made Lucina self aware that this was only the beginning. She looked around to observe the room - cozy, comfortable, with bright colored paintings and several cleverly made artistic pieces.

It was the perfect atmosphere to soothe clients, she supposed.

"Not to worry, Your Highness," Amelia reassured. "We will make you as comfortable as you can, and work out whatever is bothering you today."

Lucina hoped she was right.

"May I make a request?" She asked. "Perhaps it'll make me more comfortable if you addressed me as a friend. Lucina would do."

Amelia smiled. "Whatever it takes...Lucina."

For the first time since the session started, Lucina smiled back.

...

January 1st, Holy Year 2703

Dear Diary,

Auntie Sumia gave me this book! I'm so excited! She told me that I can write whatever I want in this journal. I hope to write a lot in it! I hope that I won't forget to write in it at least once a day. I can't wait!

Love,

Diana

...

Day 5

Inigo looked about ready to snap. Lucina had to hold a hand on his arm to pull him down.

"Why did you postpone the coronation, my lady?!" One of the councilors burst out, exploding. "Our people need a figurehead, a person to lead them! You are doing Ylisse a disservice by stepping down!"