Chapter 28: Trust

As all the boys finally get back with the food, I'm laying on my back, still on the call with Vic, trying to decide whether to make a scene and ask Mattia about Jenna-

My thoughts are interrupted as I hear the boys get near Ale's bedroom door.

"WE'RE BACKKK!" Kai shouts, as he barges through the door.

"Heyyy" I say, sitting up, quickly telling Vic I'd call her later.

As everyone piles into the room, my eyes fall onto Mattia, who's laughing and joking around with Rebound Robert.

He's too happy right now...

"What'd you get me?" I ask.

"You're favorite." Ale replies, handing me a bag with food and a drink.

"How did you remember!?" I shout slightly, taken by surprise.

"Actually it was Mattia that remembered.."

"Oh... well, thank youu!" I say, making eye contact with Mattia.

An awkward silence is brought as Mattia stands there, still smiling from earlier..

"Godd I'm starving!" I shout, getting up.

-20 minutes later-

"Okay, so what's the plan for tonight?" Ale asks, wanting to know who was going home and who was staying the night.

Everyone replies. Josh, Kairi, and Mattia deciding that they're staying; Robert, Pinto, and Mateo getting ready to go home.

"Y/n, whatchu gonna do?" Kai asks, finishing up the last bit of his food.

"I- I think Imma go home.."

"Really?" Mattia comes out of nowhere..

"Yea, I'm feeling kind of sick." I say, pouting a little.

"We could drop you off" Pinto suggests.

"I'd be down to take y-" Mattia begins, but I cut him off.

"No, it's okay. It's pretty late." I say, grabbing my sweater.

"O..kay, well you still coming with us to say bye to Mattia before he leaves?" Kai begins to ask.

Leaves?

"What do you mean 'leaves'" I ask, facing towards Mattia.

"I umm-"

"He's going to Florida for a couple days. To visit Roshaun and Alvaro" Ale joins in.

How come everyone but me knows..?

"When where you gonna tell me...?" I ask.

"Y/n, I was gonna tell you, I just-"

"Did everyone here know this?" I turn towards everyone.

They don't say anything, just nod their heads.

"How- how come I was the only one who wasn't told anything..?" I turn back towards Mattia.

"I wanted to tell my friends first-" He explains.

"So I'm not your friend?"

"No! You are, it's just-"

"But you just said you wanted to tell your friends first.. and since obviously everyone here but me knows about it, I guess that kinda excluded me, right? Does Vic know?" I turn towards Ale.

He nods his head.

Oh.

I don't say anything, I walk towards the door, down the stairs, and out Ale's front door.

"Y/n" Mattia says, racing after me. "Y/N, WAIT" he says grabbing my arm, causing me to turn towards him.

"What Mattia? WHAT?"

"Please, I was going to tell you but-"

"But what, Mattia? Just wasn't important enough that you had to wait for me to be last to know? ANDD I had to find out accidentally?"

"Y/n-"

"You know what, doesn't matter. I'm glad you're going, shows how much of a good friend you are that you would fly out to see them." I say. "Be safe."

I begin to walk away, feeling confused, angry and hurt.

"Y/N! Please." Mattia shouts from behind me.

I stop dead in my tracks.

"Thank you" he says, jogging up to me.

"Is there anything else I should know about?" I ask.

"What do you mean??" He asks, confused.

"Like I mean ANYTHING." I say, turning around and looking up at him.

"No.." he replies, still slightly confused.

I take a deep breath, feeling a panic attack coming.

"Is there anything between you and Jenna? Because if there is, I want to know. I don't want to get in between a relationship.."

"WHAT? No-"

"Then how come she was blowing up your phone.."

"What do you mean, blowing up my phone?" He says, feeling for his phone in his pockets.

"It's in Ale's room. I saw that she was texting you-"

"I don't know why she- wait you went through my phone?" He asks.

"No, I didn't. I just-"

"Do- Do you not trust me?" He raises his tone.

"No, I do trust you. It's just-"

"So then why are you going through my messages- and to think that I wanted to begin a relationship with you-"

"What-" i say, looking up at him.

"Forget it. It obviously wouldn't have been a trusting relationship." He says, stepping back.

"What- what are you talking about? I do-"

"Forget it." He interrupts me. "Lemme get Pinto so you can go home."

Before I could say anything, he walks back to the house.

I feel my eyes get watery and my chest get heavy.

-20 minutes later-

Pinto and the boys say bye, but I just wave, afraid that I'd burst into tears if I spoke.

I walk in my house and walk upstairs.

I slowly sit on my bed, laying back and pulling my blankets over me.

What just happened?
—————————————————————————
Authors Note: Hey my dudes! So it's been a while since I've uploaded since I was on vacation. Anyways, how was your guys' break? If there's something you feel would be good for the story, let me know! I'm all ears. :)