έκλειψη

Up above the vast skies, lies a tale of two lovers, the sun and the moon. The sun shone brightly at day, sending warmth through his rays while the moon beautifully glows at the dark night, sending tranquility through her light. Both knew the existence of each other but fail to witness both of its glory for they are not meant to be at the same sky at the same time. The sun wishes for a glimpse of the moon's magnificent luminosity. Curious, he wonders what the dark sky would look like once she rises with her glory along with the myriad of twinkling stars.

One fateful day, the sun was given a glimpse of chance. The sky was at its golden hour, hues of orange and shades of blue bathe the horizons into a picturesque view but his gaze was only locked to the moon, who's slowly appearing on the deep blue sky as he descends. He wanted to stay and look up, where at the dark, she reigns but the sky will never permit, for at night is where she can only breathe.

"Go now and let me breathe. Let me reign and be the guide in the dark of the night along with the stars." the moon whispered softly. As soft as the gentle sea breeze in the morning. "Sleep now, for tomorrow you shall rule and bring light among all." Her voice sounded like a lullaby, carefully lulling him to sleep.

The fateful encounter was followed by one after another. There will come a time of the day where the sun will look up to witness the moon. However, he noticed from time to time, the moon changes. She shifts shapes and sizes, her color either darkens or lightens but the sun knew better, for there is only one moon whom he faithfully love amidst the distance, amidst the torment of knowing the fact that they can never be together.

The moon was contented with what they have. A minute of time where they can gaze far at each other but for him it was never enough. The sun longed for a moment where they can be at the same sky at the same time. He never losses his faith, his patience never waver, his love for the moon didn't falter. Until the sky granted his pleas and gave them a chance to meet at a very rare yet beautiful moment called Eclipse.

There will be a rare time where people can witness them together, a moment where they can stare straight at each other. It will be long and they will have to wait. It will take years and years of patience, and for them that moment is enough. It was more than enough.

The sun will die each and every end of the day to let the moon breathe at night and together they will look forward for that rare time, for that very right moment where they can finally share the same sky.