CHAPTER FOUR

"Afraid of temptation?"

✘✘✘

I managed to drift into sleep around midnight and I have been that way for three hours straight. For the past two days, I have been all alone and my anxiety has never been so heightened, I couldn't even be anywhere without looking at the circumstances and studying other people's actions.

I avoided Atlas and the gang by not going to the cafeteria and pretty much just chilling in my cell.

So, you must know how I reacted when someone woke me in the middle of the night. "Penny!" he whispered, shaking me.

Without thinking twice, I sat straight in bed and punched him in the crotch with every atom of strength I had, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

He squealed, falling to the floor. "Jesus Christ, Penny!" Gage whispered in pain and continued to curse. Jesus' head peeked behind the door with raised eyebrows.

"Did someone call me?" Jesus asked us.

While trying my best not to laugh, I crossed arms on my chest. "What the hell are you two idiots doing in my cell at this time?!" I whispered, glaring at them.

Anyone could come at any moment now and see us breaking every rule that exists.

Jesus walked in and closed the doors behind him, sudden seriousness taking over him. "Please, Brandy, do this. These people are not fucking around. They will kill you," he begged, sadness reflecting in his eyes.

My heart softened and I relaxed, thinking hard about this.

"What's the matter, Penny?" Gage finally got up from the ground and crouched in front of me, so our faces were only inches apart. "Afraid of temptation?" he asked with a creepy smile while his eyes sparkled with mischief.

"You're a psychopath," I said instead of answering him, glaring into his eyes.

He smiled like he saw a cute puppy passing by. "No," he acted offended. "I'm just special," he added, not taking my words seriously.

I sighed and looked to Jesus, who was almost on his knees and kissing my feet, just so I do this. "Fine!" I gave in with annoyance, getting up from the bed and bumping into Gage's shoulder as I walked by. "But if we get caught, I will kill all of you," I threatened them when I passed Jesus, too. They chuckled as we carefully walked through the halls.

I should probably stop saying that, if we take into consideration I did do it.
On a halfway to the destination, I realized where we're going. I stopped them by pulling their arms behind, so they stumbled and looked at me with annoyance. "Why the fuck are we going to your smoking spot?" I snarled, glaring at them. "That is the most visible place! They won't have any trouble with finding and killing us!"

Gage just scoffed and walked away, shaking his head. Jesus took my hand into his and pulled me forwards. "It's the only way to get into Blue's office without getting caught," he explained softly as we got closer to the big metal door. "Besides," he smirked. "We are the kids who you can never kill."

Atlas, Kingston, and Emrys were already waiting for us, whispering about something, but stopped as soon as they saw us. When Emrys looked at me with raised eyebrows and a smirk, I realized I was still holding Jesus' hand.