Chapter 7

I shouldn't have invited him home. I thought as we we're driving back to my apartment. We were quiet, too quiet might I add but I bet he's thinking as well. I haven't done my laundry in weeks, there's probably dirty underwear somewhere under my bed. Both Jane and I have been busy with our work the carpet has not been vacuumed for weeks to make it worse there's three days worth of dishes in the sink. My place will definitely set a romantic mood.

"May I know what's on your mind?" He asked breaking the silence.

"Dirty thoughts" I replied smirking

He laughed. I like his laugh, it's not loud but loud at the same time for the lack of better word. "I like dirty, tell me more" he smiled

"No, I mean literally. Dirty thoughts. The house is a shit storm right now, we've been living like hobos for the past weeks. Me and Jane have both been tired to even lift a finger after work"

"I'll survive"

"We'll see if you survive the infestation, honestly, there's dirty laundry and dirty dishes everywhere in our apartment right now"

He just looked at me and smiled.

. . . .

"Come on in" I ushered him inside my apartment and I took the chance to survey the room before I let him inside. Okay, it didn't look as horrid as I have imagined but it certainly wasn't clean. It was the first time I have ever brought a guy inside the house, and this definitely wasn't how I would want that encounter to be. The man probably thought I'm a mess, I thought to myself.

The apartment that I share with Jane had two double bedrooms, each room had an en-suite bathroom which really suited us. The design is quite minimalist but we have quite a collection of plants and when I mean a collection more than twenty variety of plants, it's not a jungle but it really made our place very homey, a few of my paintings are in display as well which gives it a modern touch.  We have a very nice kitchen which is very rarely put to use. We always reason that we're too busy to cook but the truth is we're crap at cooking. The walls are painted white in contrast with the wooden flooring, most of the furniture is made of wood as well. 

"Okay, just a disclaimer. Me and Jane are not usually this messy, we've just been very busy and cleaning the house was the last thing on our mind" I said in defense

"I wasn't gonna say anything babe" he said smiling

"But you were thinking it were you?" I grilled

"Never, not even for a second"

I looked at  him not believing everything that comes out of his beautiful mouth. That beautiful mouth. 

"Well, this is our place, feel free to look around and please help yourself with something to drink in the fridge. I'm just gonna take a shower"

"Can I come with you in the shower?" 

The naughty bastard smirked at me. "No hanky-panky Luc" I folded my hand over my chest.

"I thought I'd try. Go and have your shower, don't mind me, I'll make myself at home"

I couldn't escape the living room fast enough, the chemistry between me and Lucas is so intense that it I'd stayed there for a minute longer I would be all over him. Damn the man for being sexy. I usually take a hot shower but this time I took a cold one, really cold one. The man makes me horny just by breathing, seriously. No man has ever made me feel this way before, if he could melt you with his stares I'd be a big mess of a puddle on the floor right now. He gets on my nerves because irritates me sometimes, I can sense that he is used to getting what he wants that's why he never listened to me when I told him 'no' at the hospital earlier, that's why he was waiting for me outside after work, that's why he's here in my apartment, because he wants me and I don't know how to feel about it. Part of me is elated that he's interested in me and that he wants me, the other part of me knows that he's just intrigued by me and once he gets what he wants he's gonna leave me to mend my broken heart, or my broken dignity whichever gets broken first. 

I took the fastest shower of my life, mainly because I don't want that hot piece on meat prying into my space. I got changed into a daisy dukes without-the-bikini-on-top as Katy Perry likes to sing it and an over-sized white t-shirt and went out of my room without even bothering to blow dry my hair. 

"Hey babe, you had a nice shower?" He came to me from where he was sitting down on my sofa and encircled his arms on my waist. 

I didn't resist it, as much as I know that we are moving too fast, I like how safe I feel when I'm with him. "I did, I feel ten times better now" I said as I slid my arms in his shoulders. 

"It would have been a hundred times better if I was with you in the shower" He said while playing with my shirt. 

"Doing what?" I challenged. 

"Helping you wash your hair, naughty girl" He said as he tucked my wet hair behind my ear. 

He smiled because both know  that he wouldn't just be helping me with my hair if he was in the shower with me. 

"You need to wipe off that dirty thoughts off your mind because I'm really trying so hard to be nice right now" He said.

Damn it. I changed my mind, I don't want nice right now. 

As if he can read my mind he lowered his head and dropped a gentle kiss on my lips. It only lasted few seconds but that single kiss told me, I could fall in love with this man.  

"Stop thinking" He said then gave me another kiss.

"I wasn't thinking of anything" I pouted. 

Yes, pouted, like a five year old girl which earned me another kiss and a light slap on the butt. 

"I hope you like Chinese, I ordered one while you were in the shower"