• Chapter 2 •

Song: Count On You - Big Time Rush ft. Jordin Sparks

"Don't worry, I'll protect you. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you."
~ A Nutcracker's Wish

The party kept on going as people started to mingle with one another, talking things out, eating, dancing, having lots of fun, while there's Frisk, sitting near the chimney with her newly fond toy in between her hands. Like a delicate flower, she held it like it's precious and fragile if fell.

"Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you. You're safe with me." She smiled as she brushed her fingers on the soldier's cold cheek.

Asgore on the other hand and stare upon the girl, a smile hidden in his quite hairy feature before turning his attention back at the guests.

The party ended and soon, all the quests have left except for the brunette sisters. Toriel insisted that the two would stay in till Christmas Eve in which they happily accepted.

Getting ready for bed, Frisk went over and changed from her blue and purple striped dress to a simple, white night gown. Before walking into her room, she made a small makeshift bed on the coffee table for her little soldier out of an old jewelry box stuffed with cotton, a makeshift pillow and a small blanket.

"Sleep well, my fair prince." Tucking him into bed, she went over and kissed the soldier on the forehead before walking upstairs to the guest room.

It hasn't been long till Frisk find herself having trouble sleeping. It wasn't the first that this had happened, but definitely not the last.

Fear and worry grew for her little doll. Despite the fact that it's only made out of fair, white, well-carved wood, some cotton and cloth, the feelings were still present. She had grown up surrounded by toys and dolls here and there but this wooden one, it felt different from what she had when she was a child. Very different, yet special at the same time. Almost as if it's all human like.

Having enough with her thoughts, she immediately sat up from her bed and grabbed her red shoes before rushing down the stairs, surprisingly not waking the other people sleeping on the house.

As she went over to the living room, the sight of the christmas tree still lit up shimmered the dim room. She look around to find her doll until she found it. Her eyes widened at the sight of moths around her precious nutcracker. Grabbing a nearby cloth, she rushed to it and swatted the moths with the cloth.

"Shoo! Shoo! Get away from him!" She said, swatting the cloth up and down to get rid of the moths. Eventually, the moths scattered away, leaving the brunette with the now ripped armed nutcracker. The cloth was now covered with dirty particles from the moths as it was dropped down on the carpet.

"Oh, you poor thing." She said, gently holding the toy in her hands. She smiled sadly before sitting on the couch with it placed on her lap.

Ripping a small fabric from night gown, she went over and tied the dislocated arm of the nutcracker to its shoulder, holding it in place while grabbing her aunt's sewing kit beneath the coffee table.

"This will hurt a lot. I'm sorry." She quickly apologizes before stitching up the doll. Not a minute or so has passed, she had already finished relocating its arm back.

"There." She smiled as she looked at the doll like it was all as good as new. Smiling a bit, she went over and lay back on the couch, the nutcracker clutched in her hands.

Staring at the doll, she let out a sigh. "You aren't safe down here." A pause had slipped her mouth before smiling at the doll once more.

"Maybe I'll just sleep here for the night. Don't worry, I'll protect you. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you." With one last kiss on the forehead, she laid her head onto the sift cushion of the sofa as slumber soon take over the brunette girl.