Chapter Forty

Songs for this chapter:
• All I Ask - Adele

Chapter Forty:

Lexi's POV

The past month living with Bryce Bradshaw must've been the most magical month of my whole entire life.

All of our days were almost exactly the same, but the routine that we've built together brought me an immense sense of comfort and stability. The unspoken schedule that we've created allowed us to still spend a lot of time together despite our busy lives, and so I am certainly not complaining.

Every morning, Bryce would wake up before me to take a quick shower. Once he was done, he would get dressed for the day before climbing back into bed to wake me up with a kiss.

Actually, we would kiss and kiss and kiss until I couldn't even feel my lips anymore and I had completely melted into Bryce's arms.

Then, Bryce would carry me out of bed and to our closet. He would kiss me on the cheek and then head to the kitchen to get started on our breakfast. I learnt that he eats eggs every morning, and so sometimes he made eggs for me too.

I would get dressed in a pair of jeans and one of Bryce's sweatshirts that is really more of a dress on me before gathering my school things and heading into the kitchen. We sat at the island and ate our food in silence, Bryce always letting one of his hands rest on my thigh.

We would rinse the dishes together and then put on our shoes and head to the car. Bryce would drop me off at school first before he headed to the Columbia campus. Since I was usually so early for my first class, Kennedy and I would meet up in one of the common areas to chat about school and life in general.

I would go to my classes for the day and then Bryce would meet me in the hallways. Every day, without a fail, he scooped me up into his arms, spun me around in a circle, and then took my hand as we made our way to the parking lot.

Once we got home, to our apartment, we completed whatever homework we had for the night before Bryce began dinner. I helped him cook sometimes, and once we plated the food, we sat down at the island and ate as we got caught up on each other's day.

We would then do the dishes together once more before Bryce headed to the gym. He's asked me various times if I'd like to come along with him, but so far, I've only declined. He kissed me on the cheek before leaving, and so alone in the apartment, I stripped down to my bra and underwear and I curled up in bed to read a book.

Bryce gave me permission to read any of the books on his bookshelves, but after I scared the crap out of myself upon opening a Stephen King book, I've begun to read The Book Thief instead.

When Bryce returned from the gym, his hair damp from the quick shower he always took before heading home, he stripped out of his shorts and T-shirt and then climbed into bed with me. I've lost the spot in my book various times thanks to him ripping the book out of my hand only to drop it on the bedside table and pin me down to the bed.

Bryce has made love to me almost every night.

We always do it the exact same way: me laying down on my back and Bryce between my legs. My legs ended up over his shoulders, which somehow made everything feel so much more intense as he kissed me long and hard. It hasn't gotten boring between us yet, as every time, Bryce does something a little bit different, whether it be the pace of his hips or his hand around my neck.

I would always shower after our lovemaking sessions, and when I returned to bed, Bryce would be wearing a pair of sweatpants. Often, he would lay out clothes of his for me to wear too, and so I would dress hastily and crawl into bed.