Chapter II: Hall of The Cuddles Queen

Moving around the city with the Moester Chef wasn't really the best way for Azusa to go unnoticed, but it was clear to her that refusing the chance the meet the Moempress in person would have been even much more strange for the people of this delirious future. 

Ui's mean of transport was a moving kiosk equipped with the basic things she needed to make a crepe or a quick dish for the people in the places she moved. Her role was to dispense happiness through food, and she was truly committed to it.

"So you say you lost your memory, do you ?" Ui asked to Azusa while a young girl was driving the kiosk in the front seat. 

"Yes" she replied. "I'm sorry for the trouble..."

"Don't worry about it" Ui replied giving her a warm smile. "There's really nothing you remember ?" She then asked.

"No, I'm sorry. No matter how hard I try, nothing comes back to my mind." Under the pressure, Azusa realized that she was a decent liar, and  she didn't like it every bit even if it was necessary at the moment. 

On the other hand, she couldn't just say the truth: that she was actually that very person that Ui was talking about from 7 years in the past. In fact, Azusa herself was still struggling with that notion. Suddenly, she felt to dare to question Ui about her present counterpart.

"Can I ask you a question, miss Ui ?" she said politely

"Miss Ui ?" the Moester Chef was incredulous, then replied with another kind smile of her own. "Call me just Ui, please. And yes, of course. Since you have lost your memory, it is natural that you ask me everything you want."

"Back at the restaurant you mistook me for another person, right ? I'd like you to tell me more about it."

"The person in question is Azu-nyan. She is a great friend of the Moempress, the Moenisters... and mine. The reason why I was so surprised to see you is that you look exactly like her... but younger."

"Oh, really ? That's odd." 

"Odd, but beautiful in its own way." Ui replied with a clear streak of emotion in her voice. "The Moempress will be happy to see you... even if you're not her. At least, that's what I hope."

"Happy to see me ? Why ? Did something happen to Azu-nyan ?" she dared to ask, this time unable to hide some concern about her own fate in this crazy time-line.

"She's... gone".

"Gone !? Did she d..."

"No" Ui interrupted her before she could finish that terrible sentence. "She's gone in the literal sense. One day, six years ago, she argued with the Moempress and her friends and disappeared. No one ever heard about her since then." 

After a she paused for a second Ui continued: "We did all of our best to find her, but with no avail. Deep in our hearts we know she's still alive somewhere and that she will come back one day. Since you're so similar to her, I'd like you to meet the Moempress and spend some time with her. In the meantime we'll take care of you and help you recover your memories." 

In that moment, Ui realized what a terrible wrong she made to her new friend, and apologized to her:

"Oh, my gosh... I'm so sorry, I should have asked your consent before !!" she asked ashamed.

"It's not a problem, but... do I have to lie and pretend I'm this Azu-nyan you're talking about ?" Azusa asked, this time truly preoccupied.

Ui's sorry face then turned into an interdicted one "What ? No, of course not !! Who would lie to my sister !?"

Azusa didn't take even a moment to beg her for even thinking about such a nasty plan, making an impressive amount of bows in just a couple of seconds.