Preference 2# How you meet part 2

Here's part 2!

Warnings:  Torture, kidnapping, blood

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Balthazar

It was 12:00 am and it was time for me to go to work. I worked at the natural historical museum as the night guard. I didn't live to far away from the museum and it was only a short drive. I started working there a few years ago after I finished my study in ancient history. I work as both security guard at night and tour guide during the day.

I always loved history and the thought of it all being real made it even more fun. A few years back, 3 to be exact, I saw a stranger being thorn to shreds by a pack of werewolves. It was quite a shock and I've been in therapy for it for a year or 2, but I know what I saw. And realizing that things like werewolves are true, that must mean that other things like vampires, demons and maybe even angels are real.

I pulled up in front of the museum and grabbed my bag and keys. I walked through the door and was met with Jerry, my co-worker. "He Jerry, did you have a nice day?" I asked as I placed my bag on the counter of the reception. "Yeah, had some classes who had a field trip and a few parents with young kids, but that was it. Just an uneventful day." He smiled. I smiled back and grabbed my flash light and my keys out of my bag.

"Anyway, I'm heading home." Jerry smiled. He slung his bag over his shoulder and walked out the front door, locking it behind him. I sat my bag behind the desk and walked up the stairs towards the ocean exhibit.

I entered the exhibit and looked up at the gigantic whale that hung in the middle of the room. I heard footsteps coming from the side of the room. I walked into one of the small halls that were a part of the exhibit. No one was inside, and nothing was gone. Releasing that I probably had imagined it, I turned back to the main room of the exhibit.

I locked the room and went to the Africa exhibit. I stopped in the doorway took admire the hall, until I heard footsteps again. I turned my flash light on again, but again, no one was there. Started considering that there was someone here, I quickly walked towards the exhibit with the most valuable items.

I entered the Egyptian exhibit and shone my flash light towards the back wall. The light hit an object and the form of a man was now visible. He was standing in front of the glass case in which the scarab box was.

"Hé, what the hell do you think you're doing, mate?!" I asked the guy. He turned around and looked like a deer in the headlights of a car. "I..umm." He stuttered in his French accent. "I need this." He said, pointing towards the box. "Yeah, and I'm not gonna let you steal it." I replied. "I'm not stealing it, I'm swapping it with a non magical one."

I raised an eyebrow at him. Magical? "Magical? If that thing would have been magical, we would have known. And there doesn't exist such a thing like magic." I snapped. "Are you sure about that?" He asked. I tilted my head in a questioning way. "Don't do that. That reminds me of my brother." He said.

"Remember that night when you were 22. You saw a man getting ripped to shreds by werewolfs and you don't believe that magic can exist?" My eyes widened. "How do you know that?" The man smirked. "I'm a celestial being, love. An angel to be exact. I can see inside your head." He said. "That's not possible. Angels don't exist." I replied.

He huffed and a bright light that came out of no where illuminated the room. Behind the man appeared a set of wings. I looked behind me, hoping that he was messing with me, but he clearly wasn't.

The light went away and turned back towards the man. "Okay, assuming that you are an angel, what does an angel want with a box?" I asked. "It's like I told you, the box is magical." "Okay, but what can it do?" I asked. "It can trap anything in existence. And  I need it to trap my older brother, Lucifer." He explained. "Yeah, and the Darkness is your aunt." I spat. "That is, in fact, the case." I gave him a bewildered stare.