17

It's been a few weeks since i got my makeover and lets just say I've toned it down.. alot. I haven't done anything except for a few shopping trips. I haven't even gotten a chance to explore yet! I'm currently sitting at the kitchen counter eating some cereal and watching some newscast about William and Kate's baby. I'm in the middle of putting my dish i the sink when my phone buzzes. I check my notifications and see i got a text from Miranda.

Skype. now.

I quickly get out my laptop and open the Skype app. I see Miranda's online so i call her. Pretty soon I see a very dressed up Miranda. Her shoulder length purple hair is curled and pinned in a half up half down look and she's even wearing makeup. It looked like she was going on a date. If I was a stranger I would believe that but i can tell from the look in her eyes that somethings terribly wrong.

"Mir? What's wrong?"

"Um.. I'm going to a funeral.. well, my grandpa's funeral. Now i know you're wondering why I'm telling you now and I know i owe you an explanation so just listen and don't say anything until im done. My grandpa died last week and i was going to call you but we hadn't talked for a really long time and i thought you were mad at me so i was really nervous about that. Plus Hailey told me that you were a horrible friend and a waste of my time and i kinda believed her but this morning i realized i cant do this without you.. i need you here An. I miss you so much."

By the end of her speech we're both crying.

"Mir, I love you ok? And Hailey is a bitch for saying that. I wish i could be there, I really do. I'm visiting a soon as i can, I promise."

"You know what An?" She smiles slightly and continues, "You're the first person who hasn't told me they were sorry for my loss."

I laugh and wipe my tears away.

"I wish i could give you a hug right now," i say sadly.

Miranda nods and replies, "i wish you could give me a hug too."

I smile sadly and wipe away the fresh tears that have welled up in my eyes.

"I'm going to let you go, ok? And i hope i helped. I just hope you know that I love you with every ounce of my being. I hope you realize your importance, not only to me, but to everyone who has been lucky enough to meet you.I hope you know, when you're feeling down i only ever strive for your happiness. I hope you remember that no matter what, I'm here for you and I fully intend on staying in our life for quite some time. I hope you recognize the fact that i appreciate and adore you without restraints, and that this will never change. You are my best friend and i don't know who i would be if i hadn't met you."

Her eyes fill with new tears.

"I love you too."

I smile and end the call. With Perrie and Zayn out doing their own things, I'm left stranded in this stupid house. I get up and walk around the house, only to find myself back in the living room. After a few minutes just standing there I decide to watch Netflix.

"Yaaaaaaas Gilmore Girls is on Netflix," i say as i stuff my mouth with leftover Halloween candy.

I click on the first episode and settle in on the couch.

Right in the middle of the first episode of season two, there's a knock at the door. I get up and open to see Celeste standing on the other side wearing a white maxi skirt and a black top with a leather jacket and heels, obviously dressed up to do something or go somewhere.

"I'm not going anywhere," I say to her quickly as i walk back in the living room.

"Oh hi Celeste how have you been? I've been great Ana, thanks for asking," she says following me in.