Fight or fight

It was raining. And if you paid attention to that sort of thing, you might have noticed that it was heavier than usual. Unfortunately, I don't pay attention- which is why I only noticed when I was halfway on my walk to school and dripping wet.

The guidance councillor, Ms Roberts, noticed me as soon as I entered the building. I think she was just heading over to her office when she saw my dishevelled appearance and tutted.
"Oh no, Lord no, you can't come into school soaked to the bone" she shook her head "Go and get some spare PE kit to change into for the day."
"But I'll be late for class..." I half-protested.
"Well maybe you should've thought of that before you walked to school in torrential rain."

She was right, but that didn't stop me from resenting the know-it-all tone of voice she used. Damn those right people.

I had history, because of course I had history. Though as I approached the classroom, I began to hear raised voices.
"Stand outside your class"
"I'm chillin, though"
"Well stop bothering my students"
"You can't tell me what to do, fatso"

Now I was close enough to see what was going on, I saw Jason stood in the doorway- clearly arguing with Mr Hanson. I stood behind Jason, waiting impatiently to get into the classroom.
"Get out"
"I'm not even in though..."
I sighed "Just get out of my way"

Jason paused. It was clear he didn't even know I was there until he turned around. I pushed past him as I headed into class.
"Thanks bro" I smiled sarcastically.

Class was boring.
Afterwards, not so much.

All I wanted was to see Abbi again, but according to the guy who punched me in the face the second I left class- that was way too much to ask for.

Instinctively, I pushed my attacker in the chest as hard as I could. It was Jason, naturally, and he didn't enjoy being pushed. He immediately lunged at me, knocking me into the wall then down onto the floor. I writhed, fumbling to try and remove my backpack but ultimately sprawling across the floor due to an onslaught of sharp kicks.

Someone yanked me onto my feet, as a small crowd began to assemble only to knock me back into Jason's line of fire.

It got to the point where I didn't even register each fresh punch, just the constant pain scraping at my skin. Oh, and the deafening chants of my peers. I could post about this on tumblr- "have you ever felt like life is pain?" or "woe is me, I'm currently not having a fun day and my face hurts". Either one works.

The day genuinely became a lot more fun when someone yanked me out of the circle of students (and pain) and towards the nurse's office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I took the piss a bit with this one. Whatcha gonna do? But on another note, next week's chapter will be posted on my birthday! So I hope everyone is doing well on that day in particular, aside from la cebolla nino.