Lars The Chef

Steven talks to Connie as he looks down at the beach from the patio outside the temple. The skies around Beach City are slightly cloudy but overall sunny, with a strong breeze kicking up sand on the beach into the air.

Connie asks Steven, "And how are you doing today?"

"I don't have any major mood swings one way or the other," Steven replies, "Just kinda feel normal but I know it could come out of nowhere."

"Yeah I'll talk to my mom," Connie replies, "I know I've heard these symptoms before but I don't know from what. I'll get back to you. It's gonna be OK."

"Thanks," Steven replies.

"Anytime," Connie responds, "You'd do the same for me. Anyways, I got violin lessons. Cya."

"Bye have fun," Steven replies hanging up. He again looks at the beach and decides to head into town. He once more begins to climb the fence only to find that there has been a gate installed.

He turns around to see Garnet who, with a smile, nods.

"Thanks this is way easier," Steven replies opening the gate and closing it back before heading to the Big Doughnut where he greets Lars who naps behind the counter, "Morning Lars."

"Huh?" Lars stirs from his slumber and removes a magazine he was using to block out the light to see Steven, "Oh, morning Steven. What'll it be?"

"Strawberry filled," Steven replies, "How you doing today?"

"Oh I'm just thinking of bad jokes," Lars explains, "No luck thinking of anything funny."

"Yeah well if you have any funny jokes bashing Rose," Steven smiles, "Lemme know."

Lars hands Steven the doughnut as Lars elaborates, "So what does your magic belly button actually do anyways?"

"Well," Steven explains, "I can float, create bubbles around myself and others and... this."

Steven summons his shield and elaborates, "I'm still getting a feel for some of it. Oh! I also have healing spit. It's as gross as it sounds."

"Healing spit?" Lars inquires, "Hey don't go spitting on Rose's grave then huh?"

Steven laughs, "Yeah she's better off staying dead."

Lars replies, "Hey you're new in town."

"Yeah," Steven replies.

"So if I revealed some secret no one would believe you," Lars elaborates.

"Yes?" Steven explains, confused.

"Awesome I need a favor," Lars explains, "You got any eggs at your house? Can I bum a couple of eggs?"

"Sure?" Steven more asks then replies, now lost.

"Great can you do me a favor and meet me here at six?" Lars requests.

"Sure?" Steven replies.

"I appreciate it," Lars replies, "See you then."

Steven leaves, eating his doughnut and returns that night as the Sun sets to see Lars waiting for him behind the counter as Sadie glares at Lars, glaring daggers as she states, "I'm the only one who does anything around here. You're a real jerk."

Lars looks away as Sadie leaves. Steven waves, which turns Lars's frown right around as he opens the door for Steven who hands him a carton of eggs.

"Perfect!" Lars exclaims, "Come on!"

Lars leads Steven to the back room where Lars turns on a stove and reveals various ingredients from his backpack.

"OK enough with the shady stuff why am I here?" Steven asks.