Epilouge Part Two: Dust

The air reeks of blood.

The man in a black cloak rips out a man's throat with his fangs.

He's half Gem, yes but whatever that other half is...

Is certinally not of this Earth.

"WHERE IS SHE!?!" He screams as he summons spiders from his hand inside a goon's mouth. The man screams in agony, consumed by the arachinids from the inside out. Tears stream down his face as he bleeds from every orifice of the face before keeling over, dead.

He is using magic but... it isn't Gem magic he is using...

He crashes into the next room of the run down warehouse. His cloak is covered in blood and his eyes hold unrestrained murderous intent.

Four goons stand between him and his goal.

"Where's the rest of us?" One demands, "We had trained mages guarding this floor!"

A shaking good demands, terror in his voice, "Just... just give him the Gem!..."

"But she's already-" a third begins to explain only to be cut off when the man lunges, blasting the third goon in the head with a beam of shadowy energy which pops his skull like a watermelon.

The other three goons open fire on the man. The man ducks behind a wooden crate as the bullets fly past his head. His hands glow with dark mystical energy.

"Here's a spell not in your books! Electric Chair Execution!" The man exclaims.

He shoots green lighting from his hands, electrifying the three goons with a lethal shock, killing them in an instant. He walks over their bodies with a cold hatred in his eyes. He kicks the door open to the back room of the warehouse.

The room is dark and cold. There is only a singular man in the room wearing a gas mask next to a modified wood chipper and...

A pile of Gems.

"Where is she!?!" He demands slamming the goon the wall.

"I just grind the goods!" The man exclaims, "I just finished grinding an orange one!"

"What Gemstone?" He demands.

"I..." the goon heisates, fearful for his life.

The man summons lightning between his fingertips, "now!"

"A Clinohumite!" The man exclaims. "Just a small Clinohumite! No one important!"

"No one important?" The man chuckles madly, "Then I guess your life isn't important either huh? Once again you take the ones I love away from me."

"Please!" The goon begs, "I-"

The man ends the conversation there, slamming the goon's head into a wall. He slams it into the wall again and again knocking the goon's eyes from their sockets, his teeth from his mouth, and slowly turning his head into a bloody mesh within the gas mask.

He drops the corpse, pondering what to do next. Then, an idea.

He has nothing left. Only a goal. An idea.

An idea that occurs to him.

"Well..." he chuckles, "If I have nothing better to do... may as well go bigger. There's bigger threats than dust dealers. That island... but I'll need to copy some spells from that book... hmmm... yes. I've got... some work to do. I'm gonna kill that accursed zealot... and if I die trying... fine by me..."