I

BROADWAY

unedited

(The!Auditions!pt

(The!Auditions!pt.1)

THE LOUD HORN CONTINUED TO blare in Aurora's ears, her eyes still groggy from her long fourteen hour rest. She could feel her eyes struggle to open; her hand reaching for the alarm clock, ready to take another four hours of sleep. Just before Aurora could retract her hand and fall back into her slumber, she felt a separate hand tank her out of bed.

"es tu primer día de escuela y eliges ahora tomar una de tus dieciocho horas de sueño"
(it's your first day of school and you choose now to take one of your eighteen hours of sleep) her mother complained while still pulling the tired child out of bed. "Alright alright, I'm up" Aurora sighed and she pulled herself to the nearest bathroom to get herself ready.

An hour later, Aurora he stepped out of the shower and completed her morning routine. Her hair still damp while a towel was wrapped around her petite body. The Hispanic girl walked towards her closet, scanning through the endless amount of clothes she owned.

The tanned her settled on a cropped hoodie and leggings, topped with dirty and ragged slip on vans. She then added a small
Layer of light makeup to complete her loom before she exited her room and headed to the kitchen.

Aurora arrived at the kitchen, seeing Amber was the only person in the room. "Morning Rory" the pale girl greeted without lifting her head away from the coffee mug she held. "Hi, ber" Aurora stole an apple from a bowl as she hopped on top of the table and bit into the fruit.

"It isn't fair that I'm going to school and your not" Aurora whined time her friend, tilting her head back in annoyance. Amber simply shrugged at the statement, "Los cojones!" Muttered under her breathe unannounced to her mother in the room.

"Idioma, Pepita" Alita Sol corrected her daughter as she managed her way through the kitchen, "sorry, mama" the girl apologised as she looked down to her phone. The clock had struck eight; had to get to school.

"Oh, mierda. I gotta go school" Aurora bounced off the table and rushed towards the door grabbing her bag on the way, "Rory what did I tell you" Her mother shouted at her daughter who already left the house.

The brunette's eyes scanned her neighbourhood, eyeing the glistening sun that sprinkled across her lawn. Aurora eyed the houses that laid in rows on top of rows.

The girl stepped down the few steps that connected her porch to the ground, using the pathway to guide her to school. She passed her house and arrived to the next, she eyed a familiar looking brunette who she still couldn't recall. She ignored the temptation to gaze at her neighbour and continued to stride away to the local highschool of Salt Lake City.