Five

There are so many ways to break up with someone, none are good, none are "the right choice", none protect from harm and hurt. I've been in both sides of the story, I'm breaking up with someone and someone breaking up with me. There are most the first. Well, not really, if i'm seeing this girl just for a few times and just for have fun is that really breaking up? Or it's just, "sorry, I don't want to have a relationship with you". Either way it sucks to do it and it sucks when they do it to you.

With Taylor I've been in both sides, me breaking up with her and she breaking up with me. I've seen her cry because of me and I've watched myself cried on my friend's videos when I'm drunk because of her. I remember myself crying after she left me in the hotel room the last time, lonely again, fool again. I remember the pain I felt seeing her with someone else, it broke me the first time that's why I didn't want to be friends with her.

I couldn't stand the "she's my friend" when I used to say "she's my girlfriend, she's my girl, she's my love". I mean, it supposed to be the other way around, first friends and then become something else. I hated her because I couldn't let myself think of someone else than her, write about someone else. I truly hated her because deep inside I couldn't stop loving her.

Now I found myself in another kind of situation where it's not my breakup, I'm involve in it and maybe I have a little to blame for it but it's not mine. It's Taylor's and I feel so guilty because of it. She called me crying, asking me for me to talk to Joe and tell him that we are just friends, that nothing has ever happened during our nights together on the set and that I actually like someone else. I wanted to do it so badly, just for her to stop crying, to stop those puppy eyes that could turn me on my knees.

I offered to come by, to her home and she actually accepted it so I drove to her house and it was even worse seeing her in person crying like that. Made me think about those times when she was crying because of me and I felt the pain even bigger in my chest. She hugged me, I felt at home but she was not mine to call that anymore and I could tell it because of the painful sobbing she was doing. Her heart was not mine alone anymore.

"Let's call Joe" I said between her crying. She looked at me with those big blue eyes and smile just a little bit. "Really? You're really doing this for me?" she asked and I nodded.

I would do anything for you, my love, even letting you go.

Taylor Swift Instagram Story

Joe Alwyn