Seven

BBC Radio 1

Harry Styles talked for the first time about the Taylor Swift dating rumors and this is what he told us

Nick Grimshaw: As we all know you're in the cast of the next Todd Phillips movie called I am a Woman. How has the experience been working with all these actors like Emma Stone, Elle Fanning?

H: Yeah, I was called by the director to audition because of my, well, i think my acting in Dunkirk and well I went and got one of the lead parts. That was nice.

Nick Grimshaw: Yeah, I bet. And you and Taylor Swift are the only like singers on the cast. Yeah?

Harry smiled a little knowing the lead of our conversation.

H: Yeah. i mean, professional singers because as you know Emma Stone can sing very well I mean, La La Land was a fantastic movie.

Nick Grimshaw: Agreed. So speaking of Taylor Swift, there are a lot of rumors on the internet about you two. I mean she just recently broke up with her boyfriend and you're single and well people get the ideas, you know about it.

H: Are they rumors really? After all this time?

Nick Grimshaw: I mean you've been very friendly lately with pics and stories on instagram...

H: Well, Nick. You just said it. Friendly. *Laughing* We are just friends, there is nothing wrong by posting pictures with your friends, of your friends so...

Nick Grimshaw: I can't say otherwise.

I think I did the right thing, I mean I told the world we were just friends, for now at least. Taylor texted me with the headlight of the interview, of course, it was not my music neither the movie, it was us. I just can't help but think about a tweet I saw a few weeks ago. "Imagine the power they would hold" it said with a pic of Taylor and a pic of me. I mean, the girl was right. We would be too much to handle. But I kinda like to think about it.

I called Taylor, she usually answered me after two rings but tonight there was not a single sing of her. I got worried, a little. She was still in this stage of sobbing about Joe and feeling bad about whatever she thought she did bad. I texted her then and after a ten long minutes she replied.

Taylor ❤️: Joe and his brothers came by, talk to you later.

Yeah, that message ruined my night.

I read it like four times and I wanted to punched myself. I mean we were just friends. Maybe she didn't actually feel the same about me. Maybe I was just hurting myself. Maybe my next album would be about the pain of not having someone that you want so badly, oh man. Not again.

I called Mitch. "Man I need a drinking partner" I said. "H, please don't tell me is Taylor again" he instantly replied. "Then don't ask. Are you coming or not?" he said yes.