Chapter 1

Junebug looked out at the house she'd grown so accustomed to, watching as men in coveralls moved things in, new things. A small growl escaped as she watched them walk through Barbara, one of the ghosts that haunted the house.

The ghost lady looked over, giving the young demon a wave, and a small smile, which was returned. Across the room, Adam, the other ghost, stuck his spectral fingers into an outlet, blowing the bulbs above the movers heads and plunging them into partial darkness.

Junebug laughed, looking at their faces, and gave Adam a thumbs up. The two ghosts moved over to the mirror she was currently hiding inside, and smiled down at her.

"Won't you come out, sweetie?" Barbara frowned a bit, "You could help us scare whoever this new person is. We already scared off the last bunch."

Junebug looked up at her adoptive ghost parents, "I suppose...we could try to find out who it is at least." She stuck her head out, feeling the ripple of passing into the world of breathers, and grabbed the sides of the mirror, pulling the rest of her spectral body out.

"Ah, this is better than being cramped in there anyway." She brushed off her dusty red and black pinstriped dress, and pulled a cobweb out of her messy black hair, planting her boot-clad feet on the floor, then looked at the two ghosts.

"Well, let's go investigate!"

She made her way to the window, looking out at the moving truck and the car behind it. She could barely make out a figure in the driver's seat of the car, someone with fluffy hair.

"Lawrence!"

The high-pitched voice came from behind the truck, and a woman in a red skirt and jacket came around the car, "Stop sulking around and help me move these boxes! It's your house, after all!"

Lawrence, the man in the car, got out with a sigh, "Mom, nobody asked you to come help, you could've stayed home."

His face told Junebug that he'd rather she had stayed home, and she laughed a bit.

Turning back to the couple behind her, she grinned, "It's a man and his mom, they don't seem to get along! This is gonna be fun!" Adam and Barbara laughed with her, and Junebug waved them away as she heard the door opening, rushing and diving back into the mirror, waving to her parents to get into the attic, and wait for her there.

"Honestly, Lawrence, I don't see why you have such a problem with me staying for a little while to help you move on with your life. I understand that Alex was your son, but he's gone, and it's been months, time to stop moping around. Try to get out a bit, maybe meet a nice girl."

Junebug tilted her head a bit, his son? There was no kid with him... she looked back at the man and saw the bags undr his eyes and sorrow lining his face.

"Oh.....Oh!" She started formulating a plan, maybe she could get him to see her...and summon her to the living world for real!

She giggled a bit, pulling her knees in happily and spun in a floating somersault, not noticing Lawrence looking around curiously, his gaxe landing on the mirror as she dashed out of the frame and up to attic.

Junebug popped up in the attic mirror, and hopped out, "Mom, Dad! The living man downstairs, his son died!"

The two ghost's faces fell, "Dear, why is that a good thing?"

The demon laughed, "Because, if I, or we, can get him to see us, maybe he can summon me! I'll be able to do stuff for real, not be stuck as a spirit in the Mirror realm! You guys should try to scare him!"

Adam looked at Barbara, then down at Junebug, "I don't know, that sounds a little harsh, even for us. I mean, it was his son."

Junebug frowned as Barbara nodded in agreement, "Maybe we give it a few weeks, then try to scare him? I mean, losing a child is...is hard."

The child looked at her, seeing a glimer of knowing sorrow in her eyes, "Fine, I'll figure out a way to do it myself, if you're not gonna scare them, just stay up here! Don't go and get in my way."

A small snarl crept onto her face, and she climbed back into the mirror, "I thought you guys were scare ghosts, guess all this time hasn't done much at all. I'll see you later."

With that, she walked out of the frame, heading through the skeleton of the house to the roof, where she'd had Barbara move a mirror, and climbed out to the edge, sitting down.

"I'll get him scared, even if I have to possess them and do it myself!"