chapter 20

He found me. Took me in. Let me go. Chased after me. Took care of me. Chased after me again. And then finally, he gave me hope and trust in him.

That leads me to remember that I finally realized something. Something that has only happened to me one other time and that I prayed would never happen to me again.

I love him.

Yeah, thats not happening remember last year at my Junior Homecoming.

*Flash Back*

Yeah right, like I was going to home coming. The last thing I needed is to get laughed at more. And just drink punch in the corner while staring at everyone else awkwardly, praying and hoping with every sip I tookthat its not drugged.

Just then, I saw my best/only friend Jason pull in my driveway. He's been my bestfriend since 2nd grade.Nothing could EVERbreak that special connection we had.

I remember once we even had a fake relationship. It lasted throught out most of 3rd grade. We would always hold hands and sit together. It really wasnt a relationship, though. But everyone called it that. Still we didn't let anyone let that ruin our speacial bond with there bitchy ways.

As freshman year came, I kind of had a bit of a crush on him. Nothing serious, butI always felt myself getting jelous when other girls were around him. Even hanging with me he was still able to hold onto his popularity. All the girls wanted him.

I heard the doorbell ring, snapping me back to reality and I went downstairs to open the door. Luckily, my parents weren't home because they went to a local bar because it was a Saturday. free shots on saturday! whoo! *note the sarcasim*

"watch dooooooin'" he said as I opened the door.

"Nothing much." I said with a confused tone. I thought he said he was goingto home coming. "wanna come in and chill? My parents aren't home so you don't have to worry" He was a bit scared of my parents, and honestly, I wouldn't blame him.

"actually...." he started to say with an evel grin. I backed up but he then picked me up and brought me to my room. He then stuffed a blue dress in my face and ran out.

Iput it on my bed rolling my eyes and went over toopen the door. It was locked from the outside. Aaaawww sheeeet.

"Jason! What the hell!" I yelled, pounding on the door.

"Put the dress on. You're coming to home coming whether you like it or not." He yelled back from the other side of the door.

Knowing I didn't stand a chance and that I'd probably betrapped in my room all nighttill I put it on, I obeyed. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .But of corse not without a fight(:

"CanI please atleast take a showerrrrrrrr.?" I said in a whiney voice.

"Really Bailyyyyyyy."

"Duh."

I heard the door knob click and open. I took a deep breath and got ready. Then the door open and there stood the lovley Jason. "ya got 5 minutes."

"kay kaaaay" I said walking out of my room and towards the bathroom. Then, I looked behind me and took a quick right towards the stares, running for my life.

"Baily? BAILY!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!" I heard his voice come from behind me.

"HAHA! YOU THINK IM GOING TO THAT SHITTY EVENT?! TRY AGAIN!" I yelled back to him.

I turned around for a split second to see if he was chasing after me, which he was. Shit. I thought to myself turning back around.

Just then, my foot missed the first step, and I tumbled down the stairs, withhim right behind me.

"A-a-re ya-you o-k-k-kaaay?" he said trying to beathe seeing as he was laughing so hard.

"Dont - Say - Anything" I said with an angry voice asI walked up the stairs with out making eye contact. I lost.

I took a shower, blow dried by hair and left it natural, my hair is mostly strait but has waves, which is one of the only features I like about myself.

I put on a pair of gray flats that came with the dress.

I walked out of my room and looked at him and noticed he was looking at me.

"You look perfect love." I felt myself blush as he stared at me.

"So I'm guessing I don't have a choice about whether I'm going or not, do I."I stated with an annoyed tone.

"'Nope! And you don't have a choice about being my date either." He said with a cheeky smile. Causing me to blush even more.

We walked down the stairs and out to his car.

"We arrived, and the best part was when they evenannonced my arrival! *sarcasim again*

"Hey everyone! Year 11's number one slut is here!" Some kid yelled.

I felt my face get really flushed from embarassment. I heard Jason laugh a bit from next to me. I looked up at him with questionable/hurt eyes and when he noticed, he stopped.

That really did hurt. He usually helps me and tells me to just ignore it. Sometimes he even stands up for me. What was that? I just brushed it off.

Jason dragged me around everywhere he went, which I didn't mind. We talked to his friends for a little bit, butI just stood there next to him and sometimes laughed if someting was funny. I caught his friends glaring at me a few times. It scared me, but I just ignored it.

Finially, It was about 11:00 and one of my favorite slow songs came on. it was "crazier" by Taylor Swift. He knew I loved that song, too. He caught me humming or full onsinging to it all the time. But he also knew I hated dancing.

He gave me an eveil smile and pulled me onto the dance floor ignoring my protests.

We stood there for what seemed like hours, even though it was only seconds. His hands were above my hips and my hands were around his neck.

It was close to the end when he broke the silence.

"Baily." he said.

I looked up at him. "Yeah?"

"uum, will you be my girl friend?" He said, looking at me strait in the eye.

At that moment, everything else just disappered. My mouth was wide open, probably looking every unattractive. Then I smile spread acrosss my face, ear to ear. It probably looked really creepy but I couldn't hide it.

"A-A-ARE Y-YA-YOU SERIOUS?!" I said.Tthen it all spilled out. "I've liked youfor like 3 years now!! Like a wicked long time!!" It was obvious that I couldn'tholdin my unattractive excitment. "Duh!! Of corse I'll go out with you!"

Then I saw his face change from no expression ,which was strange to a smile which then turned into histarical laughing.

I snapped back into reality and noticed the populars laughing, too. He had his arm around one of the REAL sluts and the boys were pating him on the back. Then I heard everyone else laughing.

I looked up at a screen that I hadn't noticed before. It showed a videoof me in slow motion flipping out when he asked me out.

"Oh my gosh! I look like a freak."

"Haha, duh!" he said and I turned back around.

"I'd never go out with an ugly slag like you." He said. He said turned to the slutty blonde next to him. She gave me a "haha" look and then they made out. . . .In font of me.

I stormed out of that building.With tears flowing freely down my face. I just barley heard the rest of the song over all the laughing.

you make me crazier, crazier, crazier

Iran all the way back to my house almost completly blind cause of all the tears.

That was the night I started cutting myself. And the day I fell under the evil ways of depression.