o n e

The wind howls through the window, stroking the soft cheeks of the young king. He took a deep breath, turning himself to face the mirror.

Seeing himself in the red colour suit, decorated with golden lace and ribbons.

Before going further to judge his appearance, his thoughts were disturbed by his pet, sitting calmly as it let out a gawking noise.

The king let out a giggle as he skipped his way towards his little pet, stroking its red feathers. His mood easily lightened up by the creature, smiling brightly.

"Are you hungry?"

He asked with wide eyes. The bird nodded, making the king go get some of his treats.

Although the bird would prefer eating regular food instead of the horrible plain bird treat. But it eventually took a bite out of it as the door then suddenly opened, greeted by his trusted butler.

"Ah~ Jisung-shi you're all ready, "

He said with a smile. The king smiled back, leaving his pet to eat.

"His royal highness will be arriving soon, " the butler said, giving a little now.

"Loosen up, hyung."

The king chuckled, seeing the older being all formal with him.

His butler chuckled and shook his head, "You're pressuring me, Jisungie, " he said.

"Am not. I'm treating you as a friends like always, Renjun hyung, "

The older chuckled and nodded, "Alright then, if that's an order from you." Renjun said, smiling happily to the younger.

But soon the happiness fades away as another one of his butlers came in running, panting heavily, trying to catch a breath.

"Haechan hyung, what's wrong? Why are you running?" Jisung asked, a worried expression was visible on his face.

"It's been circling around the staff of the palace, Jisung." Haechan said, still panting heavily.

"What has been circling around?" Jisung asked, apparently Renjun also didn't know about it.

"The rumour.." haechan replied.

"What rumour? I never heard any rumour here." Renjun asked, raising a brow.

"Well there is one now. And we won't like it." Haechan said, finally standing up straight.

"Well, what is it?"

Jisung asked, curious. Not ready of what is about to come. 

Jisung stood high and tall, his head hung high as he saw the palace gates opened, letting the king enter his home.

Jisung squinted his eyes when the king stood in front of him with a smile. A smile that hides everything inside.