s i x

"Jaemin, my dear. Tell us about yourself." The woman suddenly asked.

As night came, Jaemin was invited for dinner from the former queen. It was all so silent from the very beginning.

Himself sitting beside Jisung as Hyunki sat across the young king and sitting beside him is the Lady Hana herself.

Jaemin let out a chuckled before, wiping his mouth with a napkin, swallowing his food first.

"I'm a first prince in my kingdom. Sitting on the king's throne is my older brother, your majesty." Jaemin said.

Jisung's mother smiled, "Please, drop the formality. Call Eomma Park instead."

"Oh my, your majesty that is too relaxed for y–" jaemin panicked.

"It's fine, Jaemin." She said, smiling before going back to her food.

Jaemin nodded before resuming his meal. As he eats, he felt a piercing stare, watching him from afar. He tried to look around but everyone was just too busy on their own food.

He shrugged it off, drinking the glass of water beside him. As he looked down to the cup, he saw piercing brown eyes staring in his red ones.

He lazily stared at the older king as he resumed to his own meal, completely ignoring the glaring king across the table.

"By the way, Jisung. Where is your Phoenix?" His father asked, after taking a sip of his wine.

"Probably flying outside, stretching it's wings or resting in my room." Jisung said innocently in Jaemin's eyes.

Jaemin smiled to himself as it was noticed by Hyunki's mother. "What's wrong Jaemin?" She asked, softly.

Jaemin shook his head, "its nothing, your highness." He replied, the smile never left his face.

It cute how Jisung assumed that his pet Phoenix would be resting or flying outside were in fact, Jaemin there is sitting right next to him.

Dinner ended with a blast as the servants gave out the dessert before finishing their meal for the day.

Jaemin was walking back to his room where midway he stumbled to the older King himself.

"I know what you are doing."

He growled, Jaemin furrowed his brows in confusion as he had no time to response when the king slammed his body to the wall.

Having his hand gripping tightly around Jaemin's neck, choking him slightly as he struggled to catch a breath.

"Don't you ever try to take away my throne. You have no chance to do so." The king said lowly, Jaemin was now blue due to the lack of air in his lungs.

His body was too weak to fight back as the grip was getting tighter than before.

The king stayed like that for a while before letting the latter go. He scoffed, walking away from the Prince.