Chapter 1

Larry Copper was fast asleep when he suddenly heard the noise of a glass breaking down stairs which startled him. He turned to his wife Jane,whom was still comfortably lying asleep. He began to tap her gently on her shoulder trying to wake her up.

"Hey babe".

"What",replied Jane still half asleep and greatly annoyed by the disturbance.

"Did you hear that?"

"What are you talking about?"

Suddenly there was another noise of something breaking, louder than the one before. Both Larry and Jane ubruptly sat upright and looked at each other.

"Stay here and I'll go check", whispered Larry.

"Please be careful",said Jane with fear in her eyes.

Larry took a shortgun from a box underneath the dressing table and loaded it. He crept quietly down the stairs pointing the gun in front of him. He scanned the living room and found nothing. His heart was beating out of his chest but he tried to remain calm. He heard some footsteps and another glass breaking in the kitchen. Summoning all of his courage he slowly walked over to the kitchen. To his suprise, there was no one. Everything was in order and there was no broken glass around the whole house. Larry decided to get himself a beer from the fridge to calm his nerves down. When he closed the fridge and turned around he came face to face with a girl in a white dress that had blood stains on it. Her skin was sunless white and her face was covered with long black hair.

"Bye bye Larry", said the girl in the most sweetest and softest voice that he had ever heard before she began to choke him. He lost all of his strength and couldn't move a muscle as she was too powerful for him.

Larry suddenly woke up again breathing very hard. He was choking and coughing whilst holding his neck.

"Are you okay?" Asked Jane.

"Yes it's just a nightmare", replied Larry still very confused."

Just then there was an announcement from the pilot to fasten their seat belts as they were about to land at Port Louis.

"We're in Mauritius baby", said Jane excitedly as she fastened her seatbelt.

They were going to be spending their Christmas holiday in Mauritius with their lifelong friends whom they had grown up together with in the same neighbourhood, Scarlet, David, Alex and Ben. They had been planning this trip since the beginning of the year and they were very excited to be finally going. A lot of money had gone into planning the trip. Their friend David had helped them a lot since they were just newlyweds and trying to make ends meet after a quite expensive wedding. He was a successful real estate agent and somewhat of a playboy.

"You could help me out you know",said Scarlet as she tried to hold three bags whilst pushing a suitcase at the same. Scarlet was Jane's best friend. She was a very sweet girl and worked as a kindergarten teacher.

"I'm not the one who told you to pack so much luggage. Why do you need all these bags anyway?" Replied Ben who had only brought one sports bag with him. Ben was the wildcard of the group. He was currently unemployed and spent most of his time drinking and getting drunk. He had a wife and three daughters. His wife worked two jobs whilst he stayed at home.

"We are going to be here for two weeks so I brought a lot of clothes with me. One bag for shoes, one for clothes, one for makeup and another one for necessities. I'm single and very searching", said Scarlet whilst Ben took two bags from her hands.

"Me too, which means you don't have to look too far Scarlet", said David as he whispered in her ear and winked.

"You wish", replied Scarlet with a playful pout.