Chapter 2

The next day, the whole group awoke in very high spirits. David went to the gym as usual with Larry and Alex had tagged along to observe for the most part. Scarlet and Jane had taken their time to relax at the pool and catch up on some gossip. Ben had decided that he deserved some pampering and had gone to the spa centre for a manicure and pedicure. He kept trying to flirt with the staff which had begun to get irritated by him.

"I am having the best time of my life", said Jane sipping a glass of juice.

"Tell me about it, this is heaven. I'm glad I'm not spending another Christmas with my annoying mother who keeps complaining that she is going to die without getting any grandchildren", Scarlet agreed.

They were relaxing on some chairs under the shade. Jane had worn a black cut out swimsuit. Her hair was still wet as she had gone for a swim. Scarlet on the other hand had opted for a blue two piece bikini that showed off most of her. Her head was covered with a large sunhat as it was very hot outside.

Just then a fit and tall guy with mahogany skin, dark curly hair and green eyes stopped in front of them.

"Morning ladies", he said with an accent and they nodded back in response.

"I couldn't help but notice you two gorgeous ladies from across the pool", he continued with his eye particularly on Scarlet.

"It would make the happiest man on earth if the most beautiful woman around here could join me at the bar for drinks".

"We would love to, but we're waiting for our husbands", said Scarlet with a wide but obviously fake smile.

Dissapointed, the guy shrugged and moved away.

"What was that for!" Complained Jane.

"He was cute alright, but he is one of those playboys. He hangs around hotels and tries to charm every skirt he sees. He tells her that he is in love only to fall out of it the next day. I on the other hand am looking for something serious. Like husband serious", replied Scarlet.

"Kinda reminds me of David a little bit", said Jane as she laughed.

Scarlet rolled her eyes as she tried to prevent herself from blushing. "I know right! He is so sweet but such an asshole when it comes to women.

"I don't think that one is ever gonna settle down. Speaking of husbands, Larry has been acting kinda weird these days". Jane's tone was more serious this time.

"Do you think he's cheating on you?"

"No Scarlet! He would never. Jeez. It's just that he keeps having these nightmares everyday and he won't talk about it".

"Has he seen a doctor or someone?"

"That's the problem. He won't".

" Maybe it can be PTSD. You know he hasn't been quite himself after the whole Malvado murder case. A child was killed right in front of his eyes", replied Scarlet with a concerned look in her eyes.

-----------------------------------

Later that day the friends met up at the restaurant for lunch. They filled the restaurant with laughter as they reminded each other of their embarrassing childhood stories.

"Anyone up for a little bit of exploration?" Asked David.

"What do you have in mind", replied Scarlet.

"Well the city centre is only about five minutes from here. We could just take a walk there and maybe we could also get a few things whilst we're there".

"That's settled then. To the city centre!" Shouted Ben causing everyone in the restaurant to look their way.

The rest of the group stood up quickly, embarrassed by Ben's lack of manners or a little class.